Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie (FFT for Mac user)

Hi Fellow retouchers
    I've just joined, and I want to learn how to retouch old photos of my Dads. Firstly, I can't find anywhere the download button for the FFT plugin for Photoshop! I use a macbook air. Can anyone point me in the right direction to start downloading the plugin please.

re: Newbie (FFT for Mac user)

Welcome. I took the liberty of moving your post to the Photo Restoration forum.

FFT for Mac is a bit harder to come by. I haven't tested this, but found it elsewhere here in the forums (search for FFT and you'll find tons of info).

http://www.djjoofa.com/download
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUqsm9_iCbQ
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Re: Newbie (FFT for Mac user)

Image J has an fft filter and works fine on a mac. It does much more than that. Help files are available but you can use youtube to find out how to use its fft function.
      http://rsb.info.nih.gov/ij/download.html

If you want some advice post one of your photos on this forum. Who knows, maybe you don't need to use a fft filter after all.

Comment

Has anyone found an FFT filter for 64 bit? I know that it was nonexistent in the past.

Comment

Image J has a 64 bit version

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• sjm
            FFT for Mac OS
            by sjm
            I recently watched some videos at YouTube using an FFT filter to remove the texture effect on older printed photographs. I've not been able to find the FFT filter for Mac. Can someone steer me in the right direction?
            07-02-2017, 10:50 AM
          • FARSHID
            Fft Filter
            by FARSHID
            HI I NEED HELP,

I have been rying to download the fft filter for my G4 so i can run in photoshop. Is there not a version for OS X?
            05-16-2007, 03:43 PM
          • BenTheArtist
            Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) Tool for Mac
            by BenTheArtist
            I've noticed that the older FFT plugins for Mac's version of Photoshop are no longer available on the sites that used to provide them. Does anyone have a copy of the plug-in that they would be willing to share? I have CS3, so it needs to be CS3-compatible....
            01-01-2019, 05:11 PM
          • cheg
            FFT Madness
            by cheg
            Hi all

I'm at my wits' end on this. I've searched this forum and pulled up all that had to do with FFT, I've installed the fft and ifft filters (in three different folder because I never see this filter appear anywhere!)

I run Pshop 7.01 on a PC....where exactly do I find...
            02-16-2005, 01:19 PM
          • Liz
            FFT greyed out
            by Liz
            Hi,
            Big fan of FFT and it happily does the right thing on my work computer. On my home laptop with CS3, FFT is greyed out under filters.

I copied and pasted both FFT and IFFT into (through the Adobe Path) Filters. Shut down, restart, open Photoshop...it can see it but it's greyed...
            07-19-2008, 03:20 AM
          Working...
          X