FFT filter and shadows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFT filter and shadows

Hi all, I have a question.. I used the fft filter on a color image which was pretty pale and had a honeycomb texture.. filter worked well and I put the grey new layer over the orignal color at blend mode luminosity.. it was o.k. but the image had so lost it's thick pale color, it now looked more like an overlay blend mode. I tried everything to correct the color but gave up in the end and used my noise reduction software with a mask which worked, also used frequency separation to clone out dust and debris.. I think I must be doing something worng with the FFT filter.. I keep looking at the tutorial and can't seem to find anything wrong.. anyone else have this issue?
    I've attached a sample of what I mean. left is pattern, middle is fft, and right is what I ended up doing with noise reduction.
    Look forward to hearing from you.
    Thanks - Lynn
    Attached Files

Re: FFT filter and shadows

Can't help much with the FFT, but it appears you did a very good job.

FFT is just math, it has no idea what it is looking at. If your texture information is too close the image information it won't be much help. Vague, unhelpful, and largely guesswork, sorry.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• AWAIS400
      fft filter..
      by AWAIS400
      Dear all hi.. I am awais from lahore pakistan.

I am using cs3 on win xp and trying to repair my old photo. But i have a problem that when i scan this photo the photo paper texture is very visible .then i read about fft filter. But when i download and use it my system hang and not responding....
      05-04-2010, 01:33 AM
    • Liz
      FFT greyed out
      by Liz
      Hi,
      Big fan of FFT and it happily does the right thing on my work computer. On my home laptop with CS3, FFT is greyed out under filters.

I copied and pasted both FFT and IFFT into (through the Adobe Path) Filters. Shut down, restart, open Photoshop...it can see it but it's greyed...
      07-19-2008, 03:20 AM
    • Liz
      Help: FFT Filter
      by Liz
      Hi
      I've been using FFT for quite some time now. I sometimes have erratic results, but more so today. Despite re-installation of FFT, none of my problems were resolved. I'm using it on black and white wedding photos from the 70's, full of honeycomb. Lovely B&W's slightly discoloured through...
      07-01-2008, 03:17 AM
    • cheg
      FFT Madness
      by cheg
      Hi all

I'm at my wits' end on this. I've searched this forum and pulled up all that had to do with FFT, I've installed the fft and ifft filters (in three different folder because I never see this filter appear anywhere!)

I run Pshop 7.01 on a PC....where exactly do I find...
      02-16-2005, 01:19 PM
    • FARSHID
      Fft Filter
      by FARSHID
      HI I NEED HELP,

I have been rying to download the fft filter for my G4 so i can run in photoshop. Is there not a version for OS X?
      05-16-2007, 03:43 PM
    Working...
    X