Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellow dots

Hi all,

I am scanning old 35mm film strips (25-30 year old strips) and using the Epson V550 scanner with digital ICE technology. The images have random yellow dots scattered all over. Why is this and how do I get rid of them?

Regards,

Hinal
    Attached Files

Re: Yellow dots

Are you scanning them dry or using scanning oil?

Some scanning oils can react to the film and produces spots.

They could also be age spots due to bad original film processing.

Comment

Originally posted by Hinal View Post
      Hi all,

I am scanning old 35mm film strips (25-30 year old strips) and using the Epson V550 scanner with digital ICE technology. The images have random yellow dots scattered all over. Why is this and how do I get rid of them?

Regards,

Hinal
      Duplicate; Image/Appy Image/Red Channel/Normal blend; paint the shirt via a hide-all layer mask; curves to lighten and denoised.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gary View Post
        Duplicate; Image/Appy Image/Red Channel/Normal blend; paint the shirt via a hide-all layer mask; curves to lighten and denoised.
        He has ontological scanner problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoku View Post
          Are you scanning them dry or using scanning oil?

Some scanning oils can react to the film and produces spots.

They could also be age spots due to bad original film processing.

Hi, am not using any oils. Dry scanning.

Comment

Originally posted by Tulack View Post
            He has ontological scanner problem.

Hi..I have photoshop elements. Will it work in that?

Comment

I would suggest turning off "ICE" and other automatic correction tools when scanning as per Scanners, textures, scratches, cracks, silvering

You can post fairly large pictures which are under 100k using the 'save for web' function in Elements as described here:
              Size, Quality and/or Format your Attached Images.. (Click here)

If you want to post a larger resolution that is over 100K then you can host your image elsewhere and attach a link in the thread to the highest resolution.. or the largest size you can upload, but also please attach an under 100K version so the thread remains useful in the future, regardless of external links.
              Other Hosts if you do not have your own site:
              ImageVenue.com (3Meg max, free) pixentral.com (2Meg max, free) photobucket.com (1 Meg max free, 5 Meg PRO) mediafire.com (100 Meg per file, free) dropbox.com/tour (2GIG, free) post a link in the thread to the site that is hosting the larger image. (link to the highest resolution.. or the largest size you can upload)

A quick fix in Elements - Hue and Saturation layer, change 'Master' to 'Yellow' and lighten all the way to the right.... invert mask (on the Adj layer... to black which hides all.... then paint on the mask over all the yellow with white )

Comment

Thank you so much. That really helped!

Comment