Shiny areas on old photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shiny areas on old photo

I am working on a pair of old photos that have shiny metallic areas after being scanned. Anyone have a good workflow for removing/repairing this? I also tried to photograph the pictures with the same shiny stuff showing up.

Thanks so much for any advice you can offer!
    Attached Files

Re: Shiny areas on old photo

Search this site for "silvering", that's what it is called.

Comment

Re: Shiny areas on old photo

Thank you Mike, will do!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• CPorter
        Haze in old photo
        by CPorter
        Is there a good way to get rid of the white haze in this photo?

http://porterphotorepair.com/uploads/Emilybynum.jpg

Thanks!
        10-31-2013, 12:29 PM
      • Paul2
        Old Photo
        by Paul2
        I have an old photo of my mother and some of her friends standing in front of an old car which I have just found out is a Jowett Javelin. The photo was in very poor condition and I've basically had to piece it back together again. The problem I have is that I need to blend the parts together to make...
        08-25-2007, 02:58 AM
      • irsayj
        Tape residue on old albumen photo
        by irsayj
        Hi all. I have an old family photo (ca. 1900). It appears to be a large sepia albumen print on heavy card stock.

The photo split down the middle many decades ago, and a long-gone relative used what seems to be (are you sitting down?) black electric tape to "repair" it. ...
        03-18-2007, 08:10 PM
      • Cephas
        Repairing old photo.
        by Cephas
        This is an old photo of my grate grandparents taken in 1912. As you can see there is a stain over the grater part of the photo. It becomes more visible when I started to color it. I can't seem to get rid of the stain could any one help me and maybe show me what I'm missing....
        04-30-2008, 07:19 AM
      • JAYKAT
        Old photo trying to restore...twins
        by JAYKAT
        This is another photo I found that my mom had on a print out...we do not know what happened to the original....so I am just trying to put some life in the photos.....help....any suggestions....I will post more of what I have been working on for this photo shortly....but here are a few.....thank you...
        09-21-2011, 09:35 PM
      Working...
      X