Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

I've been a member since 2012, but realized I've never introduced myself.

I'm an IT professional, amateur photographer, and advanced Photoshop user. I've been using Photoshop since I owned a Mac SE 40, all monochrome. I started restoring photos, I have quite a few family photos from the 1800s, after reading Katrin Eismann's "Photoshop Restoration & Retouching" Third Edition. It opened my eyes to the possibilities of digital restoration.

I've attached one of my first projects. A photo from 1906, of my maternal grandmother. As you can see by the before, it was in pretty rough shape. Looking at the after photo, I can see a lot of things, more, I can do to it, now. I haven't touched it in quite a few years.

I'd be glad to assist where I can, and share what I've learned.

Glad to be a member of this group.

TTFN

Jay
    Attached Files

Related Topics

Collapse

• TommyO
    Hello from a new member in North Carolina.
    by TommyO
    I have visited the site for several months now, but simply never posted a "hello". I have been trying to make more time for my restoration efforts and I think I have 2008 lined up to allow it.

I have been doing restoration on a very part-time basis for about 5-6 years. In...
    01-31-2008, 07:28 PM
  • mepaulus
    New Member first restoration
    by mepaulus
    This is my first attempt at a serious restoation job , i was looking for restoration tips when asked by a family member to repair some old photos and i came across a site that offered this photo as a test peice(restore and recolour) for job offers so i thought i would give it a try.The forums here have...
    03-17-2009, 09:11 AM
  • Dave_D
    New and Liking it!
    by Dave_D
    Hi all! This is my first post here. I stumbled across this site while browsing on a completely different subject on google about a month ago and have been coming back since. After casing the site out for awhile, I decided I like it. I've been a hobbyist photographer for about 20 years; I shoot 35mm,...
    12-03-2005, 09:34 AM
  • Keith
    by Keith
    Thought I would drop a post in here and introduce myself. I am Keith Wood and live in the central part of North Carolina (Brown Summit, right outside Greensboro).

I'm 40 years old, and work as a Senior Systems Analyst. I've had photoshop for about three years now (currently stuck on V5.5)....
    01-11-2002, 01:45 PM
  • photochip
    new member introduction
    by photochip
    Hi, my name is Chip.
    I've been in and out of the photo business for the last 30 years or so.
    I started out working for a nationaly known architechtural photographer, and most recently spent 15 years at a photolab doing retouch and restoration work. The buisiness succumed to the digital...
    02-04-2010, 10:37 AM
Working...
X