2 Pictures in need of help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Pictures in need of help

I would like to give my dad a couple pictures which he has that are in need of repair. I have Photoshop 2014 v6.3 however I have only used to fix photo color/contrast. I have ordered a number of manuals to learn how to actually use the program. I am certainly willing to take the time to fix these if anyone can give me detailed step by step instructions or what they feel is the best tutorial on the web to help. Any help anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated.
    My Dad and mom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l6q1uemtet..._0009.jpg?dl=0
    My mom's mother's family: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l28fc7baxe..._0005.jpg?dl=0
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Naxos; 10-17-2016, 05:19 AM.

Re: 2 Pictures in need of help

Naxos, Welcome to RetouchPRO
    Hope you enjoy your stay here and make lots of friends.
    Poke around, have fun!

Under the Nav Bar on top of this page there is a Tutorial section with lots of help

This one may help some with the group shot..

Was working on both pics to give examples of what I did... BUT, my puter froze and I lost everything I had done... started again ... will post later

BTW thanks for posting the thumbs and links it certainly helps the Forum

Comment

Thanks. any help is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Starting point for both was a good white balance then just basic clean up.

On the couple I used the Pattern Stamp tool set @ multiply after defining and selecting that image as a pattern to darken the curtains and his uniform and parts of her dress (BTW I wore the "Ike Jacket" Back in the 50s)

a lot left to do on each but they are just samples of what can be achieved with a little practice and patience
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to work on these. They are vastly improved. Unfortunately I have had Photoshop programs for years and never used it for anything other and color and brightness. Since my dad gave me a bunch of photos I realized I should have learned the program years ago. If you can recommend a online course or book(s) it would be appreciated. I have ordered a couple of instruction books. But I have no idea the quality. I really appreciate the time you took to work on these. So will my father and mother.
          Last edited by Naxos; 10-13-2016, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Kept it aged.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for your help. I am very new to this and need all the assistance possible.

Comment

Back home today I'll review and try to use all the suggestions. Thanks

Comment

Hi Naxos
                  This was my attempt at touching up your photos using Photoshop hope it helps

Bazza08
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the help it's appreciated. Bob

Comment

Here is my try. Too bad the files needed too be resized before uploading.

I suggest you Photoshop CS5 Restoration and Retouching For Digital Photographers Only - Mark Fitzgerald

Also Digital Restoration from Start to Finish: How to repair old and damaged photographs - Ctein . I haven't read this one yet but is quite complex.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Here is an edit of the 2 photos.
                        Attached Files

Comment

here is another one. hope it is bigger than thumbnails
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by edbayani View Post
                            here is another one. hope it is bigger than thumbnails
                            If you use Photoshop you can post fairly large pictures which are under 100k using the 'save for web' function in Photoshop as described here:
                            Size, Quality and/or Format your Attached Images.. (Click here)
                            The save for web function in the latest Photoshop is hidden under File>Export>Save for web (legacy)

How to attach Files/Images to your Posts or Threads:
                            (Click here)

If you want to post a larger resolution that is over 100K then you can host your image elsewhere and attach a link in the thread, but also, always please attach an under 100K version (so the thread remains useful in the future, regardless of external links). (link to the highest resolution.. or the largest size you can upload)

Comment

Thank you very much, OlBaldy. This is very helpful.

Comment