• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LookingUp
    • Dec 2011

Sharpening Photo in Photoshop??

Hello everyone,

Does anyone have any experience using Photoshop cc 2017 and the the filter Shake Reduction? I need to start using it for a restoration job I am just about completing.

Also, do you ever use more than one sharpen filter for different section of one photograph? Or would that be overkill?

I would imagine once an image is masked in the properly locations it can be done.

Thanks
  • Shoku
    • Apr 2010

Re: Sharpening Photo in Photoshop??

Like any PS tool, play around with it to get familiar with what it can and cannot do. For this tool it's a good idea to use the advanced feature - Show Blur Estimation Regions - to help fine tune your adjustment.

You can sharpen any image using multiple techniques if that's what is needed. Just be careful to not overdue it.

Comment

• klev
      • Jun 2010

Re: Sharpening Photo in Photoshop??

As a matter of personal opinion, I think there are often better ways to add emphasis. Sharpening has side side effects that can make things look weird if you take it too far.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Norris
        Sharpening Images
        by Norris
        I recently posted a thread asking for advice on improving contrast within materials in architectural retouching. I was given some good advice and recommended some plug in filters as well as the high pass filter in conjunction with overlay. This was all very helpful and I have implemented some of these...
        03-26-2010, 09:35 AM
      • T Paul
        Sharpening
        by T Paul
        There are several ways in Photoshop to sharpen an image. The most commonly used are Unsharp-Mask (USM) and High-Pass filter.

USM Filter Basics: Sharpening increases the contrast at the edges of an image, ie, makes the dark pixels darker and the light pixels lighter. USM has three controls...
        08-12-2004, 01:53 PM
      • nrotunda
        Sharpening
        by nrotunda
        Hi everyone! This is my first post...so be nice please I've been using photoshop for several years but this is my first time working as a full time retoucher, so I'm soaking up information at a rapid rate! The one thing I am constantly confused about is sharpening. I know there are tons of information...
        01-16-2014, 04:33 AM
      • bkravchenko
        Advanced High-Pass Sharpening
        by bkravchenko
        Ok, here's a very specific question, LOL

For those of you who have Pixel Genius plugins, there is a high-pass sharpening as one of the automated sharpening options. It has a very specific effect that I can recreate when trying to sharpen with high-pass. The command flattens what it does...
        02-15-2009, 08:14 PM
      • davefk
        Fine Sharpening
        by davefk
        Guys

Sorry, this may have been asked a zillion times but how do you get such fine sharpening as this?

http://www.crismanphoto.com/#/Portfolio/Portfolio/18

is it just a case of multiple sharpening with low values? Anyone?

Thanks...
        10-15-2011, 11:37 AM
      Working...
      X