The process of restoration of the old photo. Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The process of restoration of the old photo. Video

Hello. Maybe someone will be interested to see the process of my retouching an old photo: https://youtu.be/ddVKLxbQXzo
    This is more a technical retouch than a full restoration of the photo.
    The main Photoshop tools are the Clone Stamp and Patch Tool.
    Photo before and after:http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Eaq...w1920-h1080-no

Re: The process of restoration of the old photo. V

Thanks for sharing all those brush strokes .... patience has its rewards!

Comment

Yes, it is true, for a better result, manual work is preferable

Comment

Hello -

New member here and thankful for all the great inspiration the members have posted. I'm new to restoration but self taught in PS since I'm a photographer (somewhere between amateur and professional).

I had a question that may be simply answered and seems relevant to the process demonstrated:

When restoring an old photo with multiple cracks and pieces of image missing that has also yellowed considerably, is it better first to correct to a black and white image before repairing?

May be more difficult to convert when dealing with multiple layers of repair?

Let me know what you think - your guidance is most welcome!

- Jeff

Comment

Hi, I first before retouching convert photo to black and white (Alt+Shift + Ctrl+B). Adjusting settings you can remove the yellow(or other) spots, dots, etc. Then I do retouching (usually a Stamp tool and a Patch Tool). At the end to give the image a Sepia tone for example.

Comment

Thanks Antony. I'll go with that advice.

Nice work and a nice artistic sense in your editing.

- J.

Comment