Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Process of recovering a badly damaged old photo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Process of recovering a badly damaged old photo.

Hello. If you are interested: My timelapse video: Process of recovering a badly damaged old photo in Photoshop.: https://youtu.be/kXSweF_ac48
    Full Image Before and After: https://plus.google.com/b/1097498201...62578766688258
    Attached Files

Re: Process of recovering a badly damaged old phot

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Great job on reconstructing the face! One suggestions: Blur the dress lines (collar) and really blur the pattern, then add some noise/texture so it matches the rest of the picture. Try to match the original which is really soft.

Comment

Thank you for paying attention to this detail ))

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• leogabe
          Shiny areas on old photo
          by leogabe
          I am working on a pair of old photos that have shiny metallic areas after being scanned. Anyone have a good workflow for removing/repairing this? I also tried to photograph the pictures with the same shiny stuff showing up.

Thanks so much for any advice you can offer!...
          11-22-2015, 06:42 PM
        • tuco1977
          Buying digitized old damaged photos
          by tuco1977
          Hi All, I am looking to buy some old (30's, 40's, 50's, 60's) digitized photographs which would be faded, torn and generally damaged. I need these in order to have material on which to practice restoration. I've been given sound advice to look at antiques shops and flea markets, and I will. At the same...
          09-03-2011, 02:58 AM
        • Adobitech
          Old Faded Color Damaged Photo
          by Adobitech
          Hey all,
          I was wondering if anyone could give me any help with this picture its the only picture of my grandfather that has survived through the years and i would love to someone restore it to look better. It seems really faded and down towards the bottom half it looks almost water damaged or...
          10-18-2007, 12:18 AM
        • Kathy Bradbury
          Old, badly damaged photo
          by Kathy Bradbury
          Been an avid viewer of this site for sometime and have tried many of the tutorials and hints but have never posted before, (which for a newbie is quite nerve racking). Hoping some-one may be able give me some advice on repairing/cleaning up the attached. My sister recently found this photograph of herself...
          11-12-2006, 06:01 PM
        • Paul2
          Old Photo
          by Paul2
          I have an old photo of my mother and some of her friends standing in front of an old car which I have just found out is a Jowett Javelin. The photo was in very poor condition and I've basically had to piece it back together again. The problem I have is that I need to blend the parts together to make...
          08-25-2007, 03:58 AM
        Working...
        X