Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text restoration

Hello friends,
    I came up with a small problem that i need help with.
    I have a scaned manuscript book that need to be printed on offset printing.The scans needs to be cleaned so only the text remains in black color and background removed, however when i do it the small amount of black always stays in the background and it is visible in print. Any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance
    Attached Files

Re: Text restoration

You can scan in TIFF format, upload in a third part server like zippyshare.com ad publish the link here.

Comment

Re: Text restoration

If you are editing in Photoshop or similar you could try just working on the red channel.

With the red channel only selected apply a levels or curves layer and adjust the contrast by moving the black and white points to make the ink darker and the paper lighter. You may need to do some clean up work locally.

Quick before/after example in the attachment
      Attached Files

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• maxelcat
        HOw to recolor this text
        by maxelcat
        I need to recolour the gold text so its white.

If I select it its not really very good.

I thought about using the colour replacer tool but it goes gray.

How can I make it go white?

Or, should I be looking for a different method?
        09-17-2013, 04:37 AM
      • ahurst2001
        arched text with vanishing point
        by ahurst2001
        Hello,

I paint watercolors and do customized prints from the paintings. I have run into a snag on my current project. I need to be able to add arched text into the two red areas of this painting and also maintain the perspective. I am not sure how to achieve both the arch and vanishing...
        10-21-2014, 11:21 AM
      • dhanchey
        Text Warp
        by dhanchey
        I am new to Photoshop and want to add a colored background to warped text that follows the shape of the text and is no higher or wider than the text. Is this possible?
        01-01-2004, 04:02 PM
      • Joe Townsend
        Readable Text in Photos
        by Joe Townsend
        The attached photo was provided as a high resolution grayscale Tif image.
        This is one panel of a large three-panel sign (also attached for reference). I have been requested to make the text on the sign as readable as possible. The image attached is the least readable of three panels. The...
        01-01-2009, 10:59 PM
      • Quiglet
        Outline My text
        by Quiglet
        I want to have my text be serpentine blue but then have a really small black outline. Can You help a newbie out?
        04-17-2008, 02:26 PM
      Working...
      X