Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Makeup applicatios

I have a book by Carole Jackson that talks about color and makeup application. The book is called " Color Me Beautiful MakeUp Book." You might find this in the library, but if not, check out the book stores or Amazon.com.

She addresses everything by seasons, Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer and the associated colors for each of them. She shows eye shapes and brows.

The colored pages are few, but enough to help you to follow along with the rest of the text. It's a very good book.

Daniel W. Presley

Leave a comment:

• d_kendal
    replied
    Hey Edwin,

thanks for posting the color pallete. For applying them to a photo, I downloaded the pic from the challenge here, then I did some experimenting and I found that a technique that works quite well is to create an empty layer on top of the original, set it to overlay, then use the paintbrush at about 10% opacity and just paint using the colors from the pallete. The reason I used that technique is because it keeps the "digital makeup" from getting a painted on look (because it's in overlay mode) and since it's on a new layer it's completely editable later if you decide you want to lessen an effect or take out a part that didn't work well.

- David

Leave a comment:

• RedAlert
    replied
    some color references for makeup

Hello all,

I've looking all around the web to find some good resources on this subject, but sofar.... snippets everywhere.

I guess this thread at least puts things together, and although the thread has been silent for a while now, I hope that maybe you get an alert on the little piece of help I found somewhere else.

Though I can't remember exactly, I foud these colour swatches that are supposedly used in makeup. At least that is what I can remember from the thread I was reading somewhere else (www.renderosity.com or maybe www.dpreview.com, dunno anymore)

Anyway, I hope it contributes something to the ongoing discussion.

As a matter a fact, I'd like to revamp this discussion a little.

Now that we have colors, how do we apply these.
    Anyone has had any experience with applying didgtal mascara and so ? How to blend them in naturally.

The other thing is: when you apply makeup, you usually blend in different colors (or so I'm told since I'm not a user of this stuff). I understsnd that photoshop isn't great at that at all, or am I wrong ? How would you do this in PS then ?

Have fun and activate the thread !

Edwin
    The Netherlands
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Brandi's url was good, got 2 pics there.

but what was the other stuff about? Did I miss a class?

Leave a comment:

• john_opitz
    replied
    I take hair and make-up seriously. The way some hair and make-up compainies present themselves. It's like........ If you don't use their product. You're not going to look good.
    That's a good link(first one) that Ms.Brandee listed.
    And the jpg. of the tiger on the face. Is a great idea, Artistly.
    Now. If they(you know who) can just come up with that idea for painting their Caddies. That would be great.
    But maybe. The reason why their that color(you know what color) is used. Is because.......It's shocking!? Like (I don't know) their make-up? Time for me get off line.........Before I get into trouble.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    for those that take this hair and makeup thing seriously, I have some new info. a friend over in the PSP NG did this makeover with one of my paintings.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• john_opitz
    replied
    Hey ! I thought the Mary K products(and the people that were pushing Mary K products) were the best in the field.

Leave a comment:

• Brandee
    replied
    http://www.kevynaucoin.com/

In my mind, the master of make-up... sadly, he's passed away recently. He has three great books out, all of which feature not only awesome-looking people, but step by step instructions of how to do it.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...959351-3922231

Lots of good samples up on Amazon, and certainly worth a look at your local library or bookstore. (:

Leave a comment:

• john_opitz
    replied
    One time at some garage sale. I came across an old 60's t.v. thing (think it was t.v. guide). I was reading how people that saw him(Barry Morse) on the street. Would say: "leave that poor man alone"..... And one lady, hit em', and said: the one arm man did it. Now leave him alone.
    I(myself) have to say, if (some)people that were into the show. Were like that. And didn't look at him as an actor(off camera). He did a great job portraying that character. And watching the series,(at times it's on cable) he does.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I wonder if his neighbors gave him a hard time.

Leave a comment:

• john_opitz
    replied
    <<fugitive: still lookin for the one armed man.>>
    That was a good series. I like those old fugitive shows. Barry Morse is that kind of guy, you love to hate(on the series).

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Doug, please don't over react.............................

Leave a comment:

• Doug Nelson
    replied
    That's actually kind of cool

Too bad the results are kind of cartoony looking, but it would be great for ideas.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    ULTIMATE MAKEUP

Now, some of you know that I am very serious about art, and computer graphics and have no time for frivolity when it comes to my art. That's why, today I must warn that when you see what I brung you, might fall out of your computer chairs, or go into a laughing, choking fit.

I have found the ultimate source for Dougs mission. In the past, I have spent hours, even days searcing for one little item to make a picture more alive, but this time I found what I was looking for in a 1/2 hour. Please don't think ill of my for posting this, as I think it goes right to the heart of the makeup matter, and will bring much learning and knowlege to everyone involved. Not only do we have a picture, we have free software.
    http://www.worldwidebeautystore.com/...makeover.shtml

fugitive: still lookin for the one armed man.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• G. Couch
    replied
    Originally posted by paulette conlan
    How about just hanging around the makeup counters in the department stores and watch the product reps make up the ladies?
    A guy could get arrested for that!

Leave a comment: