Copy & Paste?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy & Paste?

When I take something from one document to put into another, I normally just select it, then drag it to the destination image. Is there an advantage when you use copy and paste instead of dragging, or is this just simply another way to do it? Thanks.

Ed

The only advantages I can think of (assuming we're talking about PS here) are that PS will automatically choose the correct image size to fit what's in memory when you select 'New', and when you paste instead of drag it's automatically centered. And there are some options paste offers, like 'paste into'.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Thanks Doug. I should have said that I was aware of the "paste into", which is a different animal.

Ed

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Ed_L
        Copy and Paste in XP
        by Ed_L
        Greg submitted a recipe for spicy pita chips. Most of the amounts of ingredients were listed as fractions of a teaspoon. It wouldn't print properly from the site, so I copied it and opened a new text document to paste into. I printed it out, and gave it to my wife. She told me there was something wrong...
        03-09-2002, 07:30 AM
      • Yoolan
        Cut out & Paste into another Photo
        by Yoolan
        Hey Folks,

I want to swap techniques to cutout peoples, objects and paste into another photo. but thats not the problem. i want to know how you adjust the picture to the environment at the photo.
        i want seemless edges, matching color and so one.

example...
        10-17-2006, 09:51 AM
      • albatrosss
        Paste vs Paste Into
        by albatrosss
        What is the difference between Paste and Paste Into. I find that I am able to use both interchangeably but there must be a difference. Would someone please tell me what this difference might be?

Thank you.
        10-11-2007, 12:54 PM
      • nebgranny
        Copy and Paste
        by nebgranny
        How do I get an image into photo shop with a copy and paste? I have been saving the images first and then opening them in CS. There has to be a copy and paste. I use psp and all I do is copy and then paste with a right click right into the canvas. How is this done in photoshop? Neb
        08-20-2005, 08:31 PM
      • colorexperts
        Paste Inside
        by colorexperts
        Here's a big favorite of mine. The Paste Inside property of Fireworks allows you to paste an image inside an object. You can get really amazing images in the shape of circles, hearts, ovals, diamonds etc. here's what you need to do:

# Make the shape that you want using the ordinary shape...
        05-16-2010, 12:12 AM
      Working...
      X