Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Negatives

Hi
    Is it possible to scan in a film negative and then reverse it to give a real image.
    I am using PS6 can't seem to see anything on there which may do the job but I bet someone out there knows.
    Thanks

This question was recently asked in another thread.HERE .

Svsg

Comment

Ben,

If I understand your question, your scanner software should have that functionality. However, in photoshop, just invert the scanned image. On a PC, just hit Ctrl + I to do this.

Catia

Comment

Catia
        Thanks it's absolute magic, move over Harry Potter.
        Ben

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Elleth
          Historical 1906 B&W Negatives
          by Elleth
          Yesterday a woman came into my studio and handed me an old yellow envelope containing 20 B&W negatives of the aftermath of the 1906 San Francisco earthquake and subsequent fire. She would like me to scan and print them for her.

The negatives are an odd size, approx 6x3.5 or so and...
          06-14-2005, 11:57 AM
        • Shoff
          Scan photos or negatives?
          by Shoff
          I know the best would be to scan the negatives but, I don't have a film scanner. What I do have is my Epson 4870. So the question really is.... Using my 4870 would it be better to scan the photos of the negatives?
          08-11-2004, 10:10 PM
        • Craig Walters
          Negative Scanning
          by Craig Walters
          this is something fairly new, at least to the general public, i think. i recently bought a negative scanner. yup, it scans 35 mm negatives and converts them to positives on your computer. the one i bought was fairly inexpensive, being that i mostly just wanted to try out the technology and see how it...
          04-24-2005, 10:27 PM
        • dbliss
          Scanning 2 1/4 x 2 1/4 Pos and Negatives
          by dbliss
          I have a project to scan 2 1/4 x 2 1/4 both positive and Negitatives. My scanner can do 35 mm slides fine. The 35 mm has an addapter for the slide. The 2 1/4' do not and just laying them on the scanning surface does not yield good results. Does anybody have any ideas on this?

Thanks...
          12-31-2007, 08:40 AM
        • Welles
          Scanning 1930's 2 1/2" x 3 3/4" negatives
          by Welles
          My niece has become the family historian. She found a set of negatives from my parents taken in the 1930's which she wishes to scan for preservation and print. Is there a modestly priced scanner (under $300) which would come with transparency adapters and do a good enough job on such a project? I was...
          09-03-2010, 10:13 AM
        Working...
        X