Glowing Pixels In Photo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glowing Pixels In Photo.

I have a photo that I have scanned. It was taken with a 35mm camera. The scan looks just fine until you zoom in, and when you do you start to see these little glowing pixels on the image. I used the healing brush on the image and that did remove them.

However, I would like to know what would cause them? They were little singel pixels. They appeared to be luminous, not as a pixel imitating a color, but a pixel that was functioning as a light source. Also, they were scattered far from each other, and not clustered together like noise would be.

What would cause this to happen?

Hi Jimmy,

Are you only able to see it when you zoom in closely? I might be wrong here, but if you can't see them at 100%, I don't think they're actually there. Sometimes strange things happen when you are not viewing the image at 100%. I've had images that actually looked distorted when viewing at other than 100%. And yes, the cloning tool did seem to be doing it's job. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen. I have absolutely no idea why.

Ed

Comment

Ed,

It only shows when I zoom in. When I am in the normal viewing mode I don't see it, and the closer that I zoom in the more of those glowing pixels I will see.

If I print the image with those glowing pixels on it, will it show up on the print?

Also, is this a scanner only phenomenon or does this happen to any kind of image?

Comment

How odd.

I just got an e-mail notice saying that catia had just posted a reply in this thread; however, I am here and there is no post for me to view.

What happened?

Comment

Hi Jimmy, a picture would have been good...

Does the problem look similar to this attached pic (400% zoom)?

Stephen Marsh.
          Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, I posted something on hot pixels but decided it was not that relevant to your problem so I deleted it.

Catia

Comment

Stephen,

If you are talking about those stray single squared pixels, then yes.

The only difference is your stray pixels are imitating color. Mine glow, as if it were imitating a light source.

Also, the closer I zoom in the more of them I will see. At 400% zoom I would have seen a lot more.

Comment

Catia,

Whew! That is ok then. I was thinking I had lost my mind.

I thought, "Well, is it really there and I am just not seeing it?"

Comment

Jimmy,

I don't *think* you'll see it if you print the image. Why don't you print one, then look at it *very* closely? Then let us know for sure if you can see it or not. I still think it's a fluke that shows up at high magnifications. Whether or not this is unique to scanned images, I have no idea.

Ed

Comment

I found a solution to this problem.

To you pro this wont effect the quality of your performance; however, for those of you who can't function if the photo on your screen doesn't look like the photo you scanned. Then here is the solution.

If I scan the image at 600 dpi then this phenomenon doesn't occur.

Presto! Problem solved.

Comment

Working...
                    X