Water Damage

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• Liz
    Colour Fix Doozy!
    Liz
    Hi all,
    I'm seeking help on how best to colour fix these little girls spotted dresses. As I don't have my customer's permission to post this photo, I have blurred their faces. Hope that's enough. The rest of the image is no drama for me to fix so please don't focus on that.

09-29-2008, 03:54 AM
  • guyvago
    Water Stain and light damage correction
    guyvago
    Hi,

I am new to photoshop touchup's and don't know how to correct this water stain.
    I've tried isolating with color picker but didn't quite make it.
    I would appreciate your help.
    I am willing & ready to learn.

Vago...
    11-17-2006, 03:58 AM
  • dipech
    Need help with stains/discolorization
    dipech
    Hi!

I'm having trouble with this pic and thought I'd see if anyone has any suggestions for fixing up the arm and the discolored top. I've already tried quick-masking the arm and then filling it in at various opacities, but that didn't quite do the trick.

Hope someone can...
    09-10-2003, 11:46 PM
  • Ross_Cooper
    severe water damage
    Ross_Cooper
    Hi everyone
    I could really use some advice on restoring a water damaged photo. This photo belongs to my mother and I would really like repair the damage as she has cancer now. My problem is as you can see from the picture very little good image data to use for repair.
    I was considering...
    04-22-2013, 05:43 PM
  • dipech
    Is it possible to repair fire damage?
    dipech
    Hi Everyone!

This is picture damaged in a fire. Wondering what is the best that can be done with it?

I have tried replacing the red channel, but that ended up losing the proper colors and making the damaged leg areas only a little better.

Any suggestions??...
    05-15-2004, 11:47 PM
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Damage

Hey everyone, my first time attempting at restoring water damaged photos. Other ones i have done have turned out great but haven't had much success with this one. I've used my clone/heal and even tried with the channel mixing but to no avail any tips or a crack at this would be greatly appreciated! I think mostly im having this issue is because of the colour. its skin toned but the water caused it to go red.. Cloning makes it look absolutley horrible. Again TIA.
    Attached Files

Try selecting areas that have discolored and Layer via copy (ctrl J) and adjust color using Hue and saturation. For the cyan dress, since it is discolored in blotches, select the dress and ctrl J again and desaturate, then apply color balance adding cyan and a bit of blue, Use layer mask to remove overlapping during selection.
    For the boy's face retouch the left side and select it and again ctrl J and flip horizontally and replace the right side, Use layer mask to show hair and flatten. This is not the only way, others may have a better/easier process.

image_96604.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by edbayani View Post
      Try selecting areas that have discolored and Layer via copy (ctrl J) and adjust color using Hue and saturation. For the cyan dress, since it is discolored in blotches, select the dress and ctrl J again and desaturate, then apply color balance adding cyan and a bit of blue, Use layer mask to remove overlapping during selection.
      For the boy's face retouch the left side and select it and again ctrl J and flip horizontally and replace the right side, Use layer mask to show hair and flatten. This is not the only way, others may have a better/easier process.
      Thanks for that, and for the Step by Step. I hadn't quite learned how to use it like that. Eager to try with this one again, and other ones i have on the go.
      -J

Comment

Selected the damaged skin areas, placed a colour sampler in both the stained and untouched skin then used curves adjustment layers to match the two. Applied with a mask and soft brush then the healing brush to blend the two. Went on with colour adjustments, remove colour casts, etc.

Comment

Working...
        X