Water Damage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Damage

Hey everyone, my first time attempting at restoring water damaged photos. Other ones i have done have turned out great but haven't had much success with this one. I've used my clone/heal and even tried with the channel mixing but to no avail any tips or a crack at this would be greatly appreciated! I think mostly im having this issue is because of the colour. its skin toned but the water caused it to go red.. Cloning makes it look absolutley horrible. Again TIA.
    Attached Files

Try selecting areas that have discolored and Layer via copy (ctrl J) and adjust color using Hue and saturation. For the cyan dress, since it is discolored in blotches, select the dress and ctrl J again and desaturate, then apply color balance adding cyan and a bit of blue, Use layer mask to remove overlapping during selection.
    For the boy's face retouch the left side and select it and again ctrl J and flip horizontally and replace the right side, Use layer mask to show hair and flatten. This is not the only way, others may have a better/easier process.

image_96604.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by edbayani View Post
      Try selecting areas that have discolored and Layer via copy (ctrl J) and adjust color using Hue and saturation. For the cyan dress, since it is discolored in blotches, select the dress and ctrl J again and desaturate, then apply color balance adding cyan and a bit of blue, Use layer mask to remove overlapping during selection.
      For the boy's face retouch the left side and select it and again ctrl J and flip horizontally and replace the right side, Use layer mask to show hair and flatten. This is not the only way, others may have a better/easier process.
      Thanks for that, and for the Step by Step. I hadn't quite learned how to use it like that. Eager to try with this one again, and other ones i have on the go.
      -J

Comment

Selected the damaged skin areas, placed a colour sampler in both the stained and untouched skin then used curves adjustment layers to match the two. Applied with a mask and soft brush then the healing brush to blend the two. Went on with colour adjustments, remove colour casts, etc.

Comment

Working...
        X