Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water Damage

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• Carol Heath
    Flood damaged photos...Good advice??????
    Carol Heath
    Hi Everyone,

As I am sure you may have heard, many parts of Australia are currently under water. There is a message being circulated on Facebook advising people with flood damaged photos to immerse them in clean, fresh water and keep them wet until they can have them copied at a local...
    01-13-2011, 11:38 PM
  • mfgriggs
    Need Help REALLY bad
    mfgriggs
    I shot this photo earlier today and made a serious mistake positioning my flash. Could someone please help me remove the neck splitting shadow on the lady in the back?

If you need a few more Mp try http://palmettoportraits.com/temp/web_help.jpg

Regards
    06-01-2006, 08:46 PM
  • mikoe
    Colour correcting skin by volume
    mikoe
    I have been frustrated by the flat, pinkish (or greyish), sallow look of skin from various digital cameras. Only recently, I tried the conversion to CMYK then entering values (Y30,M24,C8) which seems to work fairly well most of the time for caucasian skin. Only problem is this workflow is very time...
    08-09-2007, 06:42 PM
  • cawebguys
    Bad skin fix required
    cawebguys
    Wet behind the ears!

I have a series of photos taken of a model. She however has a skin problem that I have pulled my hair out trying to come up with a fix for it within PS7.
    I have tried many tips seen here, but I am convinced this one needs to have my hands held and shown the...
    08-30-2003, 01:46 PM
  • Rexx
    Why is skin/face so difficult?
    Rexx
    Here is a picture that was shot in a hotel room using only available light, probably a sick mixture of various temperatures.

Here's what I did.
    - De-noised
    - Using Doug's Colour cast quick fix (http://www.retouchpro.com/tutorials/?m=show&id=54) I picked the yellowish...
    02-02-2004, 06:24 AM
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Damage

Hey everyone, my first time attempting at restoring water damaged photos. Other ones i have done have turned out great but haven't had much success with this one. I've used my clone/heal and even tried with the channel mixing but to no avail any tips or a crack at this would be greatly appreciated! I think mostly im having this issue is because of the colour. its skin toned but the water caused it to go red.. Cloning makes it look absolutley horrible. Again TIA.
    Attached Files

Try selecting areas that have discolored and Layer via copy (ctrl J) and adjust color using Hue and saturation. For the cyan dress, since it is discolored in blotches, select the dress and ctrl J again and desaturate, then apply color balance adding cyan and a bit of blue, Use layer mask to remove overlapping during selection.
    For the boy's face retouch the left side and select it and again ctrl J and flip horizontally and replace the right side, Use layer mask to show hair and flatten. This is not the only way, others may have a better/easier process.

image_96604.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by edbayani View Post
      Try selecting areas that have discolored and Layer via copy (ctrl J) and adjust color using Hue and saturation. For the cyan dress, since it is discolored in blotches, select the dress and ctrl J again and desaturate, then apply color balance adding cyan and a bit of blue, Use layer mask to remove overlapping during selection.
      For the boy's face retouch the left side and select it and again ctrl J and flip horizontally and replace the right side, Use layer mask to show hair and flatten. This is not the only way, others may have a better/easier process.
      Thanks for that, and for the Step by Step. I hadn't quite learned how to use it like that. Eager to try with this one again, and other ones i have on the go.
      -J

Comment

Selected the damaged skin areas, placed a colour sampler in both the stained and untouched skin then used curves adjustment layers to match the two. Applied with a mask and soft brush then the healing brush to blend the two. Went on with colour adjustments, remove colour casts, etc.

Comment

Working...
        X