No announcement yet.

Colorizing Floral Dress

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• David H
    Colour restoration
    by David H
    Hi there This is my first post and I hope that I can get as much from this as I do from reading the other posts and instruction post I have seen in the past here so thanks in advance

I have this old picture to try and restore the colour in that as in a card frame on the wall. ...
    07-18-2011, 11:23 AM
  • CarlRetoucher
    Changing the colour of a top
    by CarlRetoucher
    Hi,

Could some one give me some advice on how to match this yellow swatch on this top. I've tried with selective colour and can't get anywhere near it, I'm having trouble with the mid tones and shadows.

Thanks

Carl....
    12-16-2011, 03:38 AM
  • Liz
    Colour out of whack!
    by Liz
    Hi all,
    I've worked on this photo, but I can't get the colours right. I've checked the skin colours and they seem about right but it all looks too icky green. Any suggestions?...
    05-03-2015, 08:46 PM
  • gamedonechanged
    Overall colour cast
    by gamedonechanged
    Sometimes when browsing fashion mags I notice the overall image has what I like to call a colour cast or tone. By this I mean it has an overall colour that is consistent, eg a dark blue ect...

Assuming you understand that lax description how can I achieve such an effect?
    Is it...
    08-27-2009, 01:51 PM
  • milesburden
    Fashion Toning - Localised Colour Adjustments
    by milesburden
    Hi all,

Quick background; I've been lurking for a while but this is my first post so go easy on me. I'm here to improve my retouching/ps skills but I'm a photographer first and foremost. However, I still want to master this side of the artform so I spend a lot of my free time trying to...
    07-09-2013, 04:20 AM
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorizing Floral Dress

Hi -

Any tips on coloring the dress of the woman in the middle?
    Note: I did not scan the photo, it was sent to me as a jpeg and I do not have access to the original.

Before
    After

Thanks & Happy Holidays

-ar

Hi, alreese83. Using the "Blend If" sliders might help. If you paint the "background colour" of the dress on one layer and then use the Blend If sliders to restrict that colour just to the lighter tones, followed by another colour on a second layer for the darker shapes then use the sliders again on that layer to restrict this second colour to the darker tones that may give you what you need.

Comment

You could also colour with a gradient map! https://www.image-restore.co.uk/blog...gradient-maps/

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Both techniques were very helpful, esp. using a gradient, I can't believe I didn't try that before, I use them all the time for skintones. Of course there are things that still need to be done, but yeah, here it is. Though I've done color correction / restoration, I'm a little green to colorizing.

Update

Thanks,
        -ar
        Last edited by alreese83; 12-14-2018, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Great work but I would say to tone down on the colours

Comment

Totally agree! I don't have access to the final at this second (here's a version), but I did just that because it looked way too cartoony and fake. I also toned down the smoothing and brought back some of the original textures (that is post heal on major dust & scratches, and color/tone correction). Odd, my previous post has some weird links that I did not add, one in the word course and then in colorizing, wtf!

Comment

Working...
            X