Help to repair hair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help to repair hair

Hello everyone, I am very happy to learn from the forums. this is my first post. I am trying to restore several pictures from the family albumens and the forum has allowed me to learn from the great experience of many of you to improve my restorations. Today I ask for your help. I have a picture of my grandmother hand-colored, but has damage to an area of the hair. How can I repair this damage. I appreciate your help.
    Attached Files

I'd copy a section from the undamaged side, flip it horizontally, and put it over the damage. I'd use a layer mask to try blending it in, perhaps even trying some blend modes.

You'll probably have to draw in some hair, maybe even copy multiple pieces and try upside down, not flipped, etc. Watch the direction of the curls, and keep the direction of the light consistent.

The face can be done similarly, only with the addition of cloning.

If you're using a new/newer version of Photoshop, you can try content-aware fill and some of the other newer smart tools.

Good luck!
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Doug, thank you very much for your advice, I appreciate it.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Ms Bay
        Help with Hair
        by Ms Bay
        Does anyone know how I can "fix" this hairline? As you can see the bangs look more like they are stuck on instead of blending in with the face. The photo was seriously sun damaged and when I tried to repair it, it turned out looking more like a portrait than a picture. Any suggestions...
        08-09-2004, 01:05 AM
      • digitaldesigner
        Hair Help
        by digitaldesigner
        Hello!

Would someone please tell me, or direct me to a tutorial, on how to add hair like this child has. To me, it is obvious that it has been added and manipulated.

Thanks,

DD...
        03-11-2011, 07:06 PM
      • LunaLuna
        How to improve this hair? Help!
        by LunaLuna
        Hi all!

I've been working on this image. It's not finished yet but I think I'm doing a decent job here.

I'm having problems with hair, specially in the left side. The hair is tangled and I don't know how to make it look better.

Any advice will be very welcome!...
        07-22-2011, 06:21 PM
      • gardenfull
        Extracting hair - Please help!
        by gardenfull
        I am trying to extract a woman's face with beautiful hair. But no matter if using "Extract" or "Magic Wand Tool", I just can't get the natural touch of the hair.
        Appreciated for those who can help.

Gardenfull
        01-20-2008, 11:39 AM
      • lynwood
        hair help
        by lynwood
        hi everyone!

long time reader, but for the life of me i can't figure out how to fix the "see through stringy hair" in the attached pic. i've cloned, healed, cut/paste/transformed, and i just can't fix this mess!

any direction will be greatly, greatly appreciated...
        09-10-2007, 11:15 AM
      Working...
      X