Need some advice please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some advice please!

I am fairly new to using PS, but have a reasonable handle on the basics of editing photos. I'm trying to clean up several images similar to the one I've attached. They are cropped from the poorly scanned (strike one) rendition of old photos (strike two) that were printed on printer paper (you're outta here!). I do not have access to the original files, nor the source material they were scanned from. I don't need them to be perfect, they don't even need to be great! BUT I do want them to look better, and I'd like to keep them as close to the original image as possible, just sharper and cleaner - without devoting hours to each image. Most of the photos have those odd angled lines in them, and one main thing I would like is to minimize those as much as possible. I have all kinds of stuff I've used in various combinations to try to clean them up as much as possible: all of the Topaz Labs AI programs (Gigapixel, with facial recognition on and off, Denoise and Sharpen), Pattern Suppressor 2.7 plugin in PS, curves and moire adjustments, all of Lightroom's tools, selectively applying blur, Gaussian blur, painting certain areas with a low opacity to hide certain things with blur and without, etc, etc, etc. Everything I've tried either doesn't cover/remove/disguise it very well, or looks like crap, or both. I'm trying to improve these as a very sentimental, special gift for someone who will be over the moon about this, so if anyone could please help me figure something out, I would really, really appreciate it.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Related Topics

Collapse

• rie
    panoramic photos rolled up
    by rie
    I have about 6 panoramic photos that have been rolled up for who knows how many years.
    the photos are WWI era. At least one is by 'thompson illustragraph co'. There is some damage to them, a couple have cracks from trying to unroll them , a couple have tears, no idea how they got them. I'm...
    08-17-2008, 08:43 PM
  • Carol Heath
    Flood damaged photos...Good advice??????
    by Carol Heath
    Hi Everyone,

As I am sure you may have heard, many parts of Australia are currently under water. There is a message being circulated on Facebook advising people with flood damaged photos to immerse them in clean, fresh water and keep them wet until they can have them copied at a local...
    01-13-2011, 11:38 PM
  • keif90210
    How'd they do that? Photos by Keda.Z and more
    by keif90210
    Hello, everyone. I'm new to the group and not very advanced in Photoshop, but there are three photographers who's post processing I love and can see really bring their photos to a different level. While these are three different and distint photographers, it appears that they have a similar style for...
    01-11-2016, 06:36 PM
  • Celtic Yob
    Want a new action.
    by Celtic Yob
    Richard I have a request.
    Do you think you could find the time to write an action for me?
    What I want is to be able to use Gaussian blur on a folder of photos.
    The reason.
    I use Pinnacle studio 8, for video, it’s ok. However, I also want to use it to make slide shows of...
    09-25-2003, 10:59 AM
  • twinkissed
    Receiving photos that look shopped
    by twinkissed
    I am just curious if any of you have had photos submitted to you that look like someone already tried to fix them but they say nothing has ever been done to them. How do you handle them if you do? I mean on one of the photos I just received part of the background is duplicated but how can I tell if...
    11-08-2005, 07:45 PM
Working...
X