difficult background swapping tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• difficult background swapping tips?

I was wondering if anyone would want to share some of their experiences with swapping some more difficult backgrounds. What have you found to be a good method of extracting a subject with curly hair? How about when the subject doesn't have a very distinct edge where they meet with the background?

These two areas have been a pain to me for the longest, so I was just looking for some tips.

Take a look at the Glamour Puss Challenge for differing examples for hair.

I also posted a technique using levels to refine selections.

About the only thing I've found reliable is to make a mask that uses the actual image as its source and pumping up the contrast enough for the details to show through.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Tutorial

There is also a tutorial by Flora at

Tutorial

Christine

Comment

Hi Greg,

Beside the great Tip from Doug, as Christine has pointed out , you might find the technique I described in this Tutorial helpful, at least for creating a stronger contrast and facilitating the selection.

You could also read these excellent Tips from DJ.

I also found a Katrin Eisman excellent Tutorial on 'Advanced Masking' here ...and another one by Russel Brown here

Last edited by Flora; 03-17-2004, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the tips, links, and tutorials everyone. I can't wait to play around now & see what i get.

Comment

Possible cheating

I know it is probably cheating but has anyone tried that Extensis Mask Pro?

Comment

Working...
            X