Using photos from challenges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using photos from challenges

I have a question. Most of my work is is retouch/manipulation and I don't have much to show for restoration. Who's permission would I need to use some pieces from my challenges (befores/afters) in my digital portfolio? Not for print of course since they are low res, but on my website. Would I just give credit to Retouchpro/Challenges?

Thanks,

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

....I'm not really sure... but I think that, if possible, asking the permission of the person who has submitted the original picture could be the first step .... (I did that for the images of one of my Tutorials...)

As for RP... I think you should ask Doug Nelson ....

Comment

It's in the FAQ
      Learn by teaching
      Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Thank you

Maybe I should read those faqs

Comment

"Maybe I should read those faqs " ...too!!!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• touch31
            Building a portfolio
            by touch31
            I've tried to research this topic in the forums, but only find info. on using "challenge" photos. I work in a photo lab and have accumulated before and after samples for my "portfolio". I didn't get permission to use these photos so I figure as long as I didn't advertise them I could...
            07-20-2005, 12:13 PM
          • katew
            Etiquette of using client's photos on website
            by katew
            I don't know if I'm posting this in the right place, but feel free to move it if not.

What's the etiquette for using clients' photos on your website to show examples of your work? On my site, I use ones from my own family, but I'd like to use real examples of work I've done for clients....
            12-21-2007, 04:06 AM
          • fstr21
            please to donate photos that need restored?
            by fstr21
            I am starting up a restoration business site. By that so far I mean its basically a portfolio I havent really gotten my name out there too much not sure how. Luckilly this wasnt a project I intended on retiring on.
            Long story short I would like to see if anyone wanted to donate any of THEIR...
            01-12-2010, 01:45 PM
          • smiley guy
            Conditions
            by smiley guy
            I wasn't sure where to put this thread so... it's here.

I was wondering what people state on their website or publicity for conditions when doing retouch and restoration work. I am thinking of things like:

deposit
            liability
            terms
            NSF fees
            coverage...
            10-29-2005, 08:41 AM
          • winwintoo
            Do I need Adobe's permission?
            by winwintoo
            This is a basic naive question I should have asked before

I have an appointment on Thursday to pitch my idea for a cable tv show to "teach" basic Photoshop Elements.

Do I need Adobe's permission to use Photoshop Elements on the air?? I'm assuming...
            04-05-2005, 10:07 AM
          Working...
          X