Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to quote restoration job

Hello,

I received an order for restoration work that involves one photo divided into three sections. The end product needs to be in three sections as well. All three sections have heavy water damage on the sides including the side that would match up to the other pieces. My question is whether you would quote this job as three separate photos or as one? Each "picture" will measure 6 x 6 inches and will be part of a mural. Also, would you consider a water damaged photo a moderate or major restoration? There are no "missing" pieces.

Thanks for the feedback!

Mona

I wouldn't personally look at it as 3 photos and what type of restoration, I would look at it as how much time it will take to restore the items and what per hour I would require to do the job.

Just my 2 cents

- Noel

Comment

We would charge as 3 photos regarding scans and prints ... where we could apply the same work to the other two images and it would save time - like you can when working with different areas of one image - is where the customer would see a 'discount' from 3 seperate photos. Otherwise it is just how much damage with detail and the type of areas that need fixing.

Roger

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Loverly
        Restoration: Loverly Needs Advice AGAIN
        by Loverly
        Hi all,
        I have here 4 of 6 photos from a photographer who's friend wants these photos restored of his store. Being that I have only done 3 restorations all of which you have seen on this site and know now much time it takes to do them right I want to charge an arm and a leg to restore these
        09-19-2005, 09:08 PM
      • kaulike
        How Much?
        by kaulike
        I notice that most folks studiously avoid saying exactly how much they charge for a given restoration. I have no dreams of being able to supplant my current job, but it would be worthwhile to know what my skills are worth.
        $10-20/hr
        8.55%
        $20-30/hr
        22.22%
        more
        29.06%
        I charge by the job (how much, and how do you estimate?)
        40.17%
        01-04-2002, 12:12 PM
      • painperdu
        Grades Of Repair Work
        by painperdu
        I've gather the estimates/grades of repair work from many photo repair sites over the net.

Would you agree that this is pretty much a standard. Can restoration be broken down into these 3 basic grades?
        -

Grade 1

Minor fading
        Slightly...
        Yes, 3 Stages Is Pretty Much Accurate
        13.04%
        Maybe 1 More Stage Would Be Accurate
        34.78%
        Maybe 1 Less Stage Would Be Accurate
        0.00%
        No, Each Job Is Very Unique
        52.17%
        11-27-2004, 08:07 AM
      • thomasgeorge
        Graduated Pricing Scale
        by thomasgeorge
        When a customer brings in a photo for retouch/restore, does anyone use a Graduated Pricing Scale? By this I mean that you give the customer of choice of how much is done to the photo and price according to the complexity of the option selected, or, do you have just one price for a total restore/retouch,...
        03-23-2002, 07:56 AM
      • roger_ele
        Restoration worksheet for pricing
        by roger_ele
        Hi,

We have been working on putting together a worksheet fo rpricing out the art work portion of the restoration.

Note: we have always charged separately for scanning, art work and printing - art work has always been figured based on the damage and how far the client...
        08-23-2009, 11:08 PM
      Working...
      X