Moving around an image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving around an image

How do you move around a zoomed (up close) image where part of it is off the screen while in the middle of selecting it ?

Thanks,
    Kim
    Last edited by Kim; 04-19-2005, 07:43 AM.

Hello Kim,

Two choices:

1) center the image so you have constant view of area, or
    2) Depress the spacebar and hold it down while moving mouse or finger/pen over pad. the pointer will change into a hand and enable you to continue without interruption,

Sean

Comment

Some other options:

The navigation palette (drag the little red square)
      Pageup/pagedown and add Ctrl for sideways (I think it's Ctrl, might be one of the other modifier keys)
      Learn by teaching
      Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Hi Sean2 & Doug, how are you doing ?

I don't know how 1) works but I tried 2) and it works fine, exactly what I'd like to do
        I assume with 1) method, before I do my selection, I have to zoom it out so the whole image fits on the screen (that way I don't have to worry about moving around) ?

Hi Doug,
        While I'm in the middle of selecting my image using my mouse, I can't access the Navigator window to move that little red square . I tried PageUp/PageDown (with or without the Ctrl) and it doesn't seem to work

Maybe # 2) option Sean2 mentioned above is the only option

Thankss

Comment

I should read more carefully
          Learn by teaching
          Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Hi Kim,

Along with using the space bar to move the image around you can also:

press the space bar plus the alt/option key to zoom out.
            press the space bar plus the command/control key to zoom in.

Eleanor

Comment

thank Eleanor

Doug, I do that all the time

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• d_kendal
                Navigating an Image
                by d_kendal
                I just stubled across this by accident (it may have been mentioned before here, but if it was, I missed it)
                In Photoshop (I'm using 7, but I would be surprised if it was different in previous versions) when you're working on an image with, let's say the clone tool for example, if you press hold...
                12-04-2002, 01:30 AM
              • krisdaloo
                Tip: Checking DMAX
                by krisdaloo
                I thought I'd share a little something that one of my prepress buddies showed me... a tool to check your maximum density.

Using Indesign...
                Create a new Document, place the image you're checking.
                Open the "Separations Preview" palette (Window/Output/Separations...
                05-08-2008, 08:22 PM
              • Lofty1967
                Centre of Image
                by Lofty1967
                Hi Guys,
                Could anyone help me to get this starburst image exactly centred, it seems to have a small circle in the middle.
                Many thanks
                Stephen
                10-02-2011, 04:14 AM
              • Hoover
                How is a selection rotated without the image
                by Hoover
                In HP of PE2 pg62 steps 3 & 4 is says to lasso the area to be patched so as to get the right size and then drag the selection boundary to the patch sample area. It then says the boundary, as I understand it, can be rotated, flipped or sized as needed before coping the replacement patch. I cannot...
                11-09-2008, 11:29 AM
              • CJ Max
                Vignette/Montage Help!
                by CJ Max
                I know what I want my end result to look like, but I don't seem to be able to follow one of the tutorials that I took a look at.

Concept: Basically, I want to do something like the following: take image #1, reduce it in size to fit into a small area in image #2 (like a leaf in a pile...
                06-14-2005, 07:49 PM
              Working...
              X