Water damaged photo from 1889

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water damaged photo from 1889

This is the only photo we have of a Great, Great Grandfather, his wife and two children. He was 48 when this was taken and died one year later. A daughter is behind and between the man and his wife. She is 3 to4 years older than the boy on the left who is 8. I know this photo is very bad. I had tried, but am getting nowhere with it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

To get a true black and white image Do Image Adjustment Black and White. Then to increase black point do a curves adjustment - hold done Alt when pressing Auto and then click enhance per channel contrast and snap neutral tones. The rest will require cloning, spot healing etc.

Comment

Might want to consider doing some Photo bashing of the image - - or cloning from another old picture - bring back woman's dress, shrubs, etc.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Michael5567
        Can this photo be repaired?
        Michael5567
        by Michael5567
        Hello everyone,

Hello there, I need some help with an old photo.

There was a small flood at my mom's house recently, and this photo was damaged pretty badly as you can see.

http://imgur.com/a/llWfw

I've tried a bit of retouching which seems...
        01-30-2012, 01:11 AM
      • Britsdad
        photo on a plate
        Britsdad
        by Britsdad
        Hiya guys,
        Here's a good one for you, a friend just gave me a plate with a photo embedded into it! It's of his sons girlfriends father who died when she was very young, and this is the only photo she's got of him. They are getting married in a couple of weeks and he's asked me if I can...
        05-25-2009, 03:29 PM
      • leogabe
        Date of photo?
        leogabe
        by leogabe
        This photo was found in an old house in the southcentral region of Pennsylvania (Adams County to be exact). I'm presuming the family owned the house in which they are pictured. There was only one owner from 1870 until 1940's. The older gentleman in the middle, if he is the owner, would have been around...
        05-13-2016, 11:30 AM
      • gmambro
        Ideas for a memorial photo
        gmambro
        by gmambro
        Hello all, new user here. I am glad to have found this board because recently photo editing using photoshop has become a fascination for me. I am still learning and am by no means very good at it, but I can do basic editing stuff out using clone stamp, red eye removal, etc... I have adobe photoshop...
        05-10-2010, 04:29 PM
      • Gerald McClaren
        How to add a person from one photo to the other photo
        Gerald McClaren
        by Gerald McClaren
        My neighbor have two photos in his possession, one photo is of his dad when he was about eight years sitting with his dog, and the other photo is of his mom standing beside a white cart with her right hand on the handle. I would like to know how can I put the two together on one photo beside each other....
        06-12-2006, 11:22 PM
      Working...
      X