How to achieve the "vogue"-style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking at the images

To be honest, you have to start with a better image if you hope to really pull something out of it in post. I am not just talking about better lighting or better photography, also better model and better makeup. You wont get the vogue look without a significant investment into the basics. This image is dark, perhaps a poor use of light, and the model is far less than stellar. The army top counts as bad styling, which honestly affects the viewers overall perception of the image. Its from a solid foundation that you can let post do its magic.

dennison bertram
    Prague Photography services
    www.dennisonbertram.com

Comment

Re: How to achieve the "vogue"-style

Nancy: can you describe what you did your version of the pic? was this mostly an increased contrast with curves layer?

Comment

Re: looking at the images

Originally posted by dennisnob
        To be honest, you have to start with a better image if you hope to really pull something out of it in post. I am not just talking about better lighting or better photography, also better model and better makeup. You wont get the vogue look without a significant investment into the basics. This image is dark, perhaps a poor use of light, and the model is far less than stellar. The army top counts as bad styling, which honestly affects the viewers overall perception of the image. Its from a solid foundation that you can let post do its magic.
        Agreed!

Totally OT: dennison, welcome to the forum. I saw your DIY ring flash article the other day. Great idea - I have to try it out! Thanks :-)

/megl

Comment