Pale skin tutorial help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pale skin tutorial help

Could someone point me in the right direction for correcting skin tone that is faded and basically no color at all. I had this example from one of the challenges. I usualy create a blank layer and color on it with the color chart, but it looks silly that way. Thanks!
    Attached Files

Pale Skin Help

Originally posted by jenjen
    Could someone point me in the right direction for correcting skin tone that is faded and basically no color at all. I had this example from one of the challenges. I usualy create a blank layer and color on it with the color chart, but it looks silly that way. Thanks!
    Much of your skin colour info is intact in this image, your casting (Pinkish colour) is your issue in the midtones.
    What I would suggest is to go into your selective colour, and choose your neutrals, and remove and replace colour til you get a desired result in your midtone range. Your midtones are faded and colour cast as well as stained.
    Levels can help with midtones.. see a very short somewhat crude example here.
    Teri
    Attached Files

Comment

doesnt look that 'crude' to me, terivon. nice job.

Craig

Comment

Hasn't this photo been through here before?

k

Comment

Thanks terivon that great! I'll try to go from there.

Kem,

Yes it has been through. It was in the challenges but i needed a example picture of pale colorless skin so i used that one. It seems that most pictures i do end up like this one. I'll be satisfied with all the other tones on the picture except with the skin tones. I wasn't sure if people mask out the skin or select it or if after the overall picture was corrected the skin tone should be corrected. Thanks all!

Comment

Ahhhhh, I thought so. I thought I worked on it too, but forgot about the Challenge section.

k

Comment

Quick Mask

I'd personally quick mask the areas and then adjust using image->Adjust->Hue/Saturation/Lightness

Comment

Thanks Cassidy i think i like it that way instead of painting. It looks more natural.

Comment

Can someone please give me a link to the Challenge?
                  I would be interested to see what others have made of this.

Ken
                  Attached Files

Comment

Its retouching challenge #26

http://www.retouchpro.com/challenges...t/1/perpage/12

Well I copy and paste the link there. ?

Comment