Retouching fads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retouching fads

Are there fads or fashions in retouching? 6 months ago it seemed everyone was wanting to emulate Glenn Feron, now it's Andrzej Dragan's turn.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Re: Retouching fads

Well since I have been a participant here, it seems many are always chasing a 'look', and not always the same look, so I'd consider that fad identification. It seems to come in waves.

Comment

it's all about hype and glory Glenn was, Andrezej was before glenn(AD is always popular)...

Gerry

Comment

I'm glad noone imitates Glenn anymore
        But I think the new trend is Patrick Hoelck.

Comment

I agree, Patrick Hoelck seems to be really hot right now. His stuff is everywhere, and everyone wants to know how he does it.

Comment

There's some magazine out there on photography with an interview with Patrick Hoelck. He states he only but rarely shoots digital today, and doesn't believe in much retouching and much rather produce his image in camera.

He also stated he changed his workflow to include retouching as the industry requires/expects it now. But I'm thinking it's not as much as we think it is.

Comment

It looks like Patrick H. is using HDR technique in the most of his photographs.

Comment

and speaking of HDR, i think that is the new 'hot' fad in graphics right now.

craig

Comment

HDR Is really hot right now.. and frankly I find it as cheap as selective de-saturation. That said, some people can do some amazing things with it.

I think Ring Lights are in right now.

Andrew Eccles is hot.

Comment

HDR is really just a more refined method of painting with light. It's really been around in one way, shape or form forever. It's just now it involves multiple photos instead of multiple exposure changing curves on duplicates of the same photo. Of course, try to do HDR on a moving object and you're in for some trouble. I wouldn't be surprise if the came out with prismed cameras containing multiple sets of sensors that photograph the same moment at multiple exposures and spit out the files for you to apply HDR techniques or that do the HDR in camera.

Comment