Comp Retouching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comp Retouching

Does anyone know about 'comp retouching'? There is a position that I'm interested in that is about comp retouching, which, from what I understand, is just quick retouching.

Can someone fill me in on it?

Re: Comp Retouching

I won't pretend to know anything about this topic, but are you sure it's not about retouching "comps" (varies by usage, but usually means either presentation proofs or a composite page of other images, such as headshots)?
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Nelson
      I won't pretend to know anything about this topic, but are you sure it's not about retouching "comps" (varies by usage, but usually means either presentation proofs or a composite page of other images, such as headshots)?
      Yes! That's what I'm talking about. I'm trying to find out what it's really all about.

Comment

Comp cards used by modelling agencies? A card that contains a composite of images with the images usually consigned to be taken by the company

Comment

I work at an ad agency in nyc, and comp retouching here is building and doing basic retouching to an art director/creative directors file for a comprehensive.

basically, they'll get a couple of lorez images together, and ask you to do the layout using your ps skills, usually basic color correcting, sillo's, cloning, rezzing images up, sharpening, illustrative work, cool effects on type, etc....just doing what ever it takes to get the comp as best looking as possible, so they can sell the client on their layout.

it's opposite of high-end, but is fun because it's quick and playful.

Comment