Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodge & Burn On Cars

Hi all,

The D&B technique seems to be talked about here everyday, but mostly for peoples skin.

Does anyone use this technique when retouching cars?
    i.e to get smooth blends in the cars tones and to get rid of any harsh reflections? Basically to bring out the best shape and form of a car?

THanks, Scott

Re: Dodge & Burn On Cars

Dodge & Burn on cars... Uh Oh! Better get Maaco!

Seriously, though. Of course you can use it for that. You can use the dodge & burn technique on all kinds of things... skin, cars, clothing... you name it. It's one good way to emphasize or add shading to almost anything.

--Racc

Comment

Fairly certain there was quite a bit of dodge and blur here

http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/con...6-contest.html

Comment

Another thread for you to look through if you go to the link at nikon cafe ( 3rd post down) look at Ray Gusselli's work on cars/bikes very impressive

http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/sof...look-cars.html

Palms

ps added Link to Ray's latest car post

http://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=92560
        Last edited by palms; 10-25-2006, 02:01 PM. Reason: added link

Comment

There's some that would say all Dodges should burn.

Comment

A while back, I changed the color of my buddy Dennis in Illinois' Purple '66 Malibu, "Barney"...
            http://img4.glowfoto.com/images/2006...636363365T.jpg
            I made it yellow...
            http://img4.glowfoto.com/images/2006...645137563T.jpg
            He liked to threw a fit...I made a layer out of the purple and made it transparent and started applying various shades of yellow to it; it took a while to get the right tone together on it...I used the blur tool and various levels of transparencies and I eventually ended up with this. I can't say's I got to the Dodge and Burn tool on this, but what I've seen in this thread is intriguing (great looking work) and I'll try it on the next one that comes along...Cheers, John

Comment

Hi,
              my name jerry and i am a novice of the highest order.... i am just soaking all expertise on this board.. but anyway, I came across a link that might interest you if you haven't already been there... it deals specifically with modifying cars... and has nice collection of anyway tutorials that are used in modifying the cars.... and the tutorial, they have pictures at each major step.....
              tap://wy.wy.co.uk/ but I thought you might be interested and it gave me a chance to contribute something to this wonderful board...

Originally posted by pctalent
              A while back, I changed the color of my buddy Dennis in Illinois' Purple '66 Malibu, "Barney"...
              http://img4.glowfoto.com/images/2006...636363365T.jpg
              I made it yellow...
              http://img4.glowfoto.com/images/2006...645137563T.jpg
              He liked to threw a fit...I made a layer out of the purple and made it transparent and started applying various shades of yellow to it; it took a while to get the right tone together on it...I used the blur tool and various levels of transparencies and I eventually ended up with this. I can't say's I got to the Dodge and Burn tool on this, but what I've seen in this thread is intriguing (great looking work) and I'll try it on the next one that comes along...Cheers, John

Comment

Thanks for sharing that, Jerryb! Great stuff! I bookmarked the site...John

Comment

hi,
                  Your quite welcome,, just glad I could contribute...

Originally posted by pctalent
                  Thanks for sharing that, Jerryb! Great stuff! I bookmarked the site...John

Comment

Hi jerry what is the site you were talking about, could you link it for me? the one you wrote (tap://wy.wy.co.uk/) doesnt seem to work for me.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by scott watson
                      Hi jerry what is the site you were talking about, could you link it for me? the one you wrote (tap://wy.wy.co.uk/) doesnt seem to work for me.

Thanks

Me neither and it sounds interesting !

Palms

Comment

hi palms1,

I saw that yesterday I don't know what happened to that link it really got corrupted... big time... but any way.. here it is...
                        this is the main homepage of digimod....
                        http://www.digimods.co.uk/index2.htm
                        and this is the link for the tutorial section.....

http://www.digimods.co.uk/tutorials/tutorials.htm

Originally posted by palms1
                        Me neither and it sounds interesting !

Palms

Comment

Thank you Jerry had a quick look at the tutorials some good stuff there have bookmarked it for later

Palms

Comment

hi,
                            your welcome and thankyou.... some of the tutorials there helps explain some of the procedures and techniques i see here you great people use... .... plus since i am a novice.... those pictures along with the tutorials helps out a lot in understanding the tutorial. .. smile...
                            Originally posted by palms1
                            Thank you Jerry had a quick look at the tutorials some good stuff there have bookmarked it for later

Palms

Comment

Originally posted by Jerryb
                              hi,
                              plus since i am a novice.... those pictures along with the tutorials helps out a lot in understanding the tutorial. .. smile...
                              Agree with you there the pictures are always a help and even better are video tutorials If you enter photoshop in youtube there are plenty there (learnt a lot from there )

Palms

Comment