Help with replacing closed eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with replacing closed eyes

Wondering if anyone can help me with this one.

I like the shot on the left - particularly as it shows off the dress but didnt notice the brides eyes were closed when I took this. Her mouth is also a little tense.

I have tried cloning the eyes and mouth from a subsequent (right image) shot taken in a similiar position and lighting however I cant get it to look natural. If the eyes arent done well they seem to give the subject a slightly insane look - which I am sure the bride wont like.

Couldnt find anything in Katrins Restoration book about cloning eyes.

Any help would be appreciated - Cheers
    Attached Files

Re: Help with replacing closed eyes

Really need larger images

Tips on resizing for RetouchPro can be found here:-

http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/pho...etouchpro.html

Comment

It looks like the angle of the faces are slightly different, and the replacement might be awkward. Why not replace the entire mirror? The bride is showing mostly veil and dress, so I don't think one would guess that her face was angled differently.

Comment

Bigger Files atttached - I will try the mirror idea
        Attached Files

Comment

Just tried cloning the whole mirror image from the file attached. It only took a minute or so and I like the image much better now. The problem I had with using the image on the left is that the doorframe was wedged in behind her - so I had cut her out around that - now her reflection in the mirror is obviously larger although I dont mind the effect.
          Attached Files

Comment

Perfect fit jasosmith

Comment

Took a copy of the face using a rough round selection and copied to a new layer then dragged the new layer to the other picture needing the face and/or eyes. Dropped opacity to around 60% so I could see both images.

Used Edit->Transform to size and Edit->Transform->Warp to get eyebrows to meet in both pics, ears to meet in both pics and chins and hairlines to meet in both pics. Changed opacity of layer to 100% Set a Blackfilled mask to this layer and using a 50% white, painted in the eyes from the better photograph. You could also do the same with the mouth and nose if required.

Noted in both pics that the right eye looks larger than the left
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Cassidy; 10-28-2006, 04:30 AM.

Comment

Just a quickie. I took the womans upper body including her head (but not the veil) from the second photo. Resized to exactly cover the head and shoulders in the first photo.
                Attached Files

Comment

Just an additional comment: The dress is picking up the rose/pink tint of walls in the room. Try a Selective Color adjustment layer. Select White and adjust the sliders. Make a empty Color layer and with a 50% soft, white brush clean up the dress shadows, the marble fireplace surround and the dress in the mirror.

k

Comment

Thanks Ken

Another quick way to lessen the effect of the colour cast is to 1) Duplicate Background 2) Filter / Blur / Average 3) Invert (Ctrl I) 4) Change blend mode to colour and reduce opacity to about 12%

Comment

i rebuilt the eyes with the red eye removal tool in psp xi. a little push here and there and then used the warp brush to reshape the lips and some on the eyes. a little more push for fine detail and added some airbrush to get the whites of the eyes. a little more fine adjustment with the warp brush and then a final digital camera noise removal.

oh, and before any of that, i resized the image to 300% to get rid of the jaggies. had to resize back down and lower the resolution to get a decent post here.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X