Removing Grainyness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Grainyness

Im trying to see if there is away to clear up the quality of this picture some.. remove the grain looking look .. I dont know the correct terminology..lol.
    but help from personal techiniques would be appreacite..

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...2/38850509.jpg

link to an image ..above

Re: Removing Grainyness

The grain look you are referring to is called "noise". There are plug-ins that do this such as Neat Image, Noiseware, Noise Ninja and Photoshop CS2 has a noise removal filter as well.

Neat Image has a free version for non-commerical use. Download Page

Noiseware also has a free version for non-commerical use. Download Page

CS2 Noise Removal Tut

You can also try removing the noise by switching to LAB mode and bluring the A and B channels. Here is a tut.

Hope this helps!

Comment

I know I saw a noise reduction tutorial on the net months ago using some actionsin LAB mode...but I don't remeber where...the greyness is colour noise due toi high value of ISO,,,The tutorial made a nice result, not 100%, but nice...

Gerry

Comment

Re: Removing Graininess

The "grain" is actually severe color noise. One run through with the noise filter Noiseware smooth it out but as you can see from attachment 1, there is a lot of residual yellow. I took the image into LAB and reduced the yellow resulting in at6tachment 2.
        Regards, Murray
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi there

As Paul says a good noise reduction program can help some.

I ran this example thru imagenomic software

Butch
          Attached Files

Comment

I first copied the layer using screen blending mode and then used Neat Image.

Still with residual grain but I suspect more aggressive blurring would dull the image somewhat.
            Attached Files

Comment