How can i create this effects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can i create this effects?

I want to learn how to do this effects. Anyone know of a tutorial?
    Attached Files

Re: How can i create this effects?

if u post some normal pics mabe I could try and show you how to do it

Comment

You've posted three different pictures that, to me, are three different styles. All of them appear to have a lot of "paint with light" or dodge and burn done to them.

Comment

Looks very like Lucis Art to me.

Peter

Comment

King,
          Do you understand that what we are saying is the images you have placed are three very distinct images. The only common trait I can see in them are they are lit with a very "broad" soft box creating large, flat highlights and the lighting ratio is flat meaning the people are lit at the same brightness basically as the backgrounds. Can you be a bit more detailed in what you are trying to accomplish or emulate in these images. Thanks,
          c

Comment

for me these pictures are the same in many ways! The shadows, the strange looks they have and how they are posing!

MY TIP:

try to use 1 flash with softbox! make the models look abit suspicious, arrogant or maybe abit angry and make them satnd in strange positions...

Then Use a softlight (with 50% grey) in PS CS2 and start to enhance shadows and enhance the highlights in the face and clothing!

The first picture I think they have done a big radius sharpening to enhance dark lines as well as burning!

To me these pictures is more about the models and light then the share work of PS! The feeling should be there from the start, then it's a nice starting point to work with!

Cheers!

gerry

Comment

Thank everyone who answered my question. I found out from my good friend frizzy that it is a combination of lucasarts neat image and a little dodge and burn that will get this effect. When i get it down to perfection i will post my work here for everyone to critique and a tutorial on how i did it. Thank you.

Comment

Just saw this thread. As mentioned it definitely looks like Lucis Arts and some highlighting methods.

Here is my tutorial.

Here it is

It also mentions Lucis Arts at the end.

Comment

Those looks like CG.

Comment

Here a tutorial, but.... in german
                    tutorial

Comment

superfrasky: Can u translate it??? Very nice result there!

Gerry

Comment

translate:
                        - Hintergrundebene duplizieren und die übliche Grund-Optimierung durchlaufen (Tonwert, Reparaturwerkzeug, etc.);

- duplicate background layer and do the usual optimising stuff (repair, levels, ...)

- Den Weichzeichnungsfilter eures Vertrauens drüber laufen lassen. Es sollte schon sehr sehr glatt sein, aber dennoch nicht wie eine Waxmaske wirken.

- use the blurring filter you trust - gaussian, smart, whatever. it should look really smooth but not exactly like wax.

- Was nicht weich sein soll, mit Maske oder Radiergummi durchmalen

- for those things that are not intended to be soft: use mask tools or eraser

- Über Anpassen "Tiefen/Lichter" Schatten und Glanzlichter betonen

- use adjust: shadows, lights to underline certain shadows and highlights

- Mit Abwedler und Nachbelichter (geringe Deckkraft) modellieren. (Dies kann an dieser Stelle oder etwas später erfolgen!)

- use dodge and burn (at this point or later)

- Die 2 Farbkanäle mit der meisten/besten Zeichung kopieren und in die Ebene einkopieren. Kann auch nur 1 Kanal sein. Müßt ihr schauen.

- copy the 2 channels with most contrast and merge them into the layer, perhaps also only 1 layer, depends on the picture at hand

- Now comes the tricky part: Eine Kopie der Gesamtansicht erstellen. Mit den kopierten Farbkanälen + der Ebenenkopie und den Ebenen-Modi spielen. Ihr müßt hier nach eurem eigenen Geschmack vorgehen.

- now comes the tricky part: copy of the complete view, and play with the different channels and layer merg options. It has to fit your taste.

- Mit der Deckkraft der Ebenen spielen, ggf. maskieren, radieren, etc.

- Change opacity of layers, probably also mask, erase...

- Nach Vorlieben die Farbkanäle per USM oder Hochpaß nachschärfen

- Use USM on the color channels
                        FERTIG!

DONE!

Another good site with light techniques (dodge&burn) is here:

Tutorial

Comment

Originally posted by superfrasky

Another good site with light techniques (dodge&burn) is here:

Tutorial
                          Found this site excellent Thank you for the link, have you submitted the link for the library ?

Palms

Comment