Skin obsessed !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skin obsessed !

I am interested in achieving the skin texture in the photo below. It looks like another texture was applied in a mask then that texture run through USM.. I don't think its the high-pass blur thing. The texture is too uniform to be the real skin...
    >
    Any help would be greatly appreciated !
    >
    Thanks
    >
    Richard
    >
    Attached Files

Re: Skin obsessed !

i dont think a false texture was added...looks more like the over sharpening is giving that illusion.

Comment

just oversharpened after a lot of work. surprisingly not very thorough work though. that patch near the hair, wtf?

Comment

So you think its just the normal work up on a separate layer filled with 50 % grey then that layer duplicated then sharpened with a high radius in USM ?
        >
        Do you think noise and emboss noise was done before the sharpening ? I have never been close to the effect. Not sure I want it but curious..
        >
        Thanks
        >
        Richard
        >

Comment

It looks to me that they blended a constrasted grain over the skin to match the pores

Comment

I think noise was added.
            If you check the lips out the same texure is there and does not look normal.

Peter

Comment

I've taken pictures of leather objects (purse, pillow, chair, etc.) and used it for texturing to get this effect.

Comment

How do you apply the layer mask to the skin ? It must be greyscale to avoid the leather color..

Comment

HI

is that one of Gavin Oneill's images?

Comment

I could be wrong but...

It looks like when the photo was taken that a ISO setting was used. There are several plugins that you can use in photoshop to simulate ISO settings, try a google search.

Here's a photo that I played with on another forum. I used the free OptikVerve plugin to simulate a higher ISO setting. I also have done some D&B which is probably obvious.

Photo Credit: Peter Taylor (http://www.flickr.com/photos/petenator)

1: Original
                    2: My Work
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by irshgrlkc; 02-10-2007, 12:11 PM.

Comment

That noise/grain was definitely added in PS. That consensus came straight form Gavin O'neils mouth. He mentioned that he does that with images he puts on low resolution online. Calls it his .jpg compression surgery

Comment

this is definetly blurred and then added texture... did you try with texturizer?... load this texture. i always add texture depending of the size of the print.
                        Attached Files

Comment

i have this example (eyeshadow was distorted because of correction of the eyebrow)
                          http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/6251/z4retushyz2.jpg

Comment

try unsharp mask on 148% and 1 pxl

Comment

Found this topic fascinating, but don’t understand much on what you are talking about!!
                              Could somebody please point me to any tutorials or explain what you mean by:-
                              Adding false texture
                              50% grey layer
                              Uses of noise and emboss noise
                              Contrasted grain

Thanks
                              Have a look at our web site

www.nisbetwylie,com

Ralph

Comment