X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with a video turotial (your tube

Hello,

I saw this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8358RKj0EE
    and I am stumped on what command the user is using to "shrink" the chin and face.

I Have tried to use the marquee command, but with no success

If you can figure it out, Please let me know

Most Kindly,

Klawson

Re: Help with a video turotial (your tube

marquee for the selection then free transform

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I have already tried this and it does not work, please watch video again and look on the right side of screen, it looks like a blank layer is added also.

If I am doing something wrong please help

Thank you
      Ken

Comment

copy merged and then paste? or command J from selection. It doesn't matter much the effect is the same. Taking pieces of the image and transforming them. No mystery.

Comment

It's still using free transform to make the changes.

Those aren't blank layers. They are selected areas of the face copied and placed on their own layer. You can easily do this by selecting the area with the marquee then press ctrl-J. They used the menu to select free transform, but they could have used the keyboard shortcut ctrl-T.

Comment

if someone can identify the different menus that's used to do the different things the retoucher is doing I would be very glad!

hair effect
            raising eybrowes
            chin/jaw shrinking(free transform on new layer?)
            the wrinkels in forhead(did they use healing tool or stamp tool?)

Gerry

Comment

Gerry,

If you watch the part with the hair, you'll notice that the hair is being erased to reveal an already finished image below. They did this in two parts separated by work on other parts of the face to disguise this. The pupils are also an erasure (they did some other things to the eye first but ended up erasing at the end).

The wrinkles are being done with the clone stamp. Can't make out the settings.

The eyes are selected and copied to new layer and free transformed. The eyebrows are also free transformed.

Comment

BOBJONES: oh...another picture below,,,hah! didn't see that one...thanks...

I saw after writing my post befre that people had allready answered my question regarding the free transform...

Gerry

Comment

Thank you

OK thank you for all your help.

I think I figured it out, with all your help.

One thing I want to learn is how to do a decent job of retouching.

I am not a pro but an enthusiast with Photoshop CS2. If anyone can suggest a DVD turtorial or anything, especially working with eyes, then Thanks in advance

Klawson

Comment

Working...
                  X