Black/White Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black/White Point

Not sure if this is best forum for this thread ?

I am a photographer and have been asked to submit digital files (from RAW files) to a picture agency, they specify a max white point / black point of 99% / 1%.

Is there an easy way of changing the settings in PS, so it will do this automatically when using auto settings in LEVELS / CURVES etc. Or is it just a case of setting points and carefully monitoring the values.

Can I for example raise/lower the endpoints of the curve to hit 99% / 1% ( as in the attached JPEG, the correction is way too much, but just so you understand what I mean)or will I be risking image quality!!

any help appreciated
    Attached Files

Re: Black/White Point

In both the levels and curves dialog box there is a button for "Options". Look in there and set the clipping amount for black and white to what ever you like. When you click on OK you will be offered the option to save as the default setting.

Although your contact specifies 99/1 for white/black, I think the "printing" standard is 95/05.
    Attached Files

Comment

Aha! Interesting. so If I wanted a max white/black point of 1% / 99% would the settings then be 1.00 % in shadows and highlights?

Comment

Having experimented I now realise those settings would do the opposite and more likely setting to ´0´would help more?

Comment

What ever looks good on your screen... .10% and .10% is where mine are set.

Comment