Straighten out a bad scan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Straighten out a bad scan

Straightening out a bad scan doesn't have to be hard! Just use the crop tool instead of rotate. Line up all of the edges of the photo and crop it (you don't have to crop anything from the photo to do this)! This has saved me hours of time!
    - submitted by Markus Schneider
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

not sure if you were rotating this way.. but. its fast and easy.

just use your ruler tool. go from the top left edge, to the top right.. and rotate arbitrary. hit enter, and its perfectly straight.

Comment

I've straightened images both ways. There are advantages to each. If I have a line (like a horizon) that I want to get straight, I use the ruler. If I don't want to lose any of the image, or if there aren't any straight edges in it to work with, I make a crop box and rotate it until its edges match the image edges. It just depends on the image I'm working on which one I do.

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by thatmold
        not sure if you were rotating this way.. but. its fast and easy.
        just use your ruler tool. go from the top left edge, to the top right.. and rotate arbitrary. hit enter, and its perfectly straight.
        Thanks for the tip. I never knew the ruler tool could be used this way...what a convenience!

Phyllis (who still hasn't plowed through the whole PS7 manual)

Comment

Working...
        X