color channels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• color channels

I have never encountered this sort of problem, but I have heard of it and would like to know how to resolve the situation in case i do have to deal with it...here it goes: What if one of the channels of a file got lost or deleted..how would one go about replacing a color channel? (cyan, magenta etc) Anyone??

Re: color channels

If a channel has been deleted the image with revert to MultiChannel mode. You can right click on one of the two remaining layers and select Duplicate Channel. Then do Image>Mode>RGB . You will have an RGB image but you will have replaced the missing channel with one of the remaining two. The color will be wrong. If your image had been closed or the history buffer over run, you can not get back the original channel and there is no way to recreate it unless you have a copy of the original image.
    Regards, Murray

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Panpan
      Combining channels
      by Panpan
      When looking at an individual primary channel in Photoshop, the image is lighter. Can somebody help me understand this? Something that is not perceptually neutral is happening behind the scene.

For example, a b&w image's RGB channels all look the same when I turn on each one individually,...
      05-06-2010, 01:11 PM
    • Ron
      Channel Help
      by Ron
      Does anyone know a quick way to convert a (RGB) Color Channel to a Layer image? (click and drag etc.) This will give you a grayscale copy of the image on a Layer

I know you can duplicate an image, split the channels of the duplicate image and then shift/move one of the channels into the...
      10-21-2003, 11:09 AM
    • derekfountain
      Copying part of a channel
      by derekfountain
      As a newbie, I was having a go at challenge #44 with Photoshop 7. I got bogged down in an issue which really shouldn't be that difficult.

The writing at the bottom of the photo needs to be removed, and, conveniently, doesn't show in the blue channel. So, just take that part of the image...
      11-29-2002, 06:40 AM
    • Gina_D
      channels
      by Gina_D
      I've attached a photo that I'd like to ask for some direction on and I'm sure there are plenty that can offer that here! I've used channels only in a very limited way so far and that would be in converting a scan of a photo to black and white using the channel mixer in PS to minimize the channels with...
      05-25-2006, 09:44 PM
    • Caitlin
      Severe mould damage on slides
      by Caitlin
      This is one of 100s of slides I discovered belonging to my parents - that had been stored in a dank cupboard along with the potatoes and onions for the last 20+ years... (No - I'm really not kidding!) Not too surprisingly they are in a dreadful state.

I have only just started to look...
      03-27-2005, 10:29 AM
    Working...
    X