Retouching Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retouching Books

Hello! I'd like to hear if anyone has any recommendations of retouching books that they've found usefull for skin and retouching models in general..

I know online tutes and articles are great, but sometimes I like to interact with the real thing; turn the pages and smell the ink!!

Re: Retouching Books

You can't beat Katrina Eisman's (sp?) stuff.

Comment

Katrin Eismann offers two books. Photoshop Restoration and Retouching Second Ed. for CS and Thrid Edition for CS2. Books are from New Riders in Berkeley, CA. About $49.99 US. Third Ed. ISBN 0-321-31627-4. All books have chapter images that can be downloaded from a website.

She also has a Retouching CD that covers about 8 hours of instruction and is in the $150 range.

CTEIN (pronounced: kuh-TINE) Digital Restoration from Start to Finish (How to repair old and damaged photograps. Focal Press $39.95 US ISBN: 0-240-80814-2 Practice images also available on a website. www.focalpress.com

SKIN by Lee Varis - Wiley $39.99US www.sybex.com ISBN 0-470-04733-x. Chapter 6 of this book pp185 -240 covers Retouching

Photoshop Cosmetic Surgery -Barry Jackson - Lark Books ISBN 1-57990-800-4. $29.95

I do own copies of these books. Hope this helps.

dc

Comment

How well do you know photoshop?
        http://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Cheat-Ph.../dp/0240519531
        I bought this very good book and I am going through the examples on the disk although no skin smoothing, well so far. If you are only average in photoshop this book would be good for you, but for beginers it would be a struggle.

Comment

Thanks guys, will check them out!!

Comment

I agree, Katrin Eismann's books are great. I would also recommend How to Cheat in Photoshop, by Steve Caplin. His tutorial on using the basic tools in photoshop, and how to create realistic montages are really excellent. He also has a supporting web site for questions and such.

Comment

There's an entire subforum dedicated to Photoshop Retouching and Restoration by Katrin Eismann.

See: http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/kat...anns-r-r-book/

It is simply without peer. There are more 5-star reviews for this book at Amazon.com than I've seen for any book on Photoshop.

Check your local library for videos, DVDs by Katrin. I found that "watching" her apply techniques of which she writes to be exceptionally enlightening.

Comment

I also recommend "Skin" from Lee Varis you can find in Amazon, you will find many usefull tips to skin retouches (bluring, sharpening, coloring) and basic knowledge about digital photography, lighting, color adjustments and color management.
                Mariano

Comment

I agree also Katrin Eismanns books are excellent ,good common sense easy to followAlso Ctein,s book is pretty complete and definately worth a read.

Zganie

Comment

Originally posted by molabar View Post
                    I also recommend "Skin" from Lee Varis you can find in Amazon, you will find many usefull tips to skin retouches (bluring, sharpening, coloring) and basic knowledge about digital photography, lighting, color adjustments and color management.
                    Mariano
                    Thanks for this suggestion. This book is highly regarded by those who submitted ratings for it (mostly 5 stars; some 4 stars).

A lot of topics are covered. Suggest that one check out the table of contents and index for the big picture.

Comment

Working...
                    X