No announcement yet.

1st post/Versace style

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• contemporaneous
    Took a crack at Andrzej Dragan's style
    by contemporaneous
    I decided to take a crack at Andrzej Dragan's style (acknowledging that his style varies, but I think I've come pretty close to his spirit) and came up with this, after reviewing an old thread on here where some folks were trying to figure him out.

Let me know what you think. I used the...
    12-31-2008, 01:26 PM
  • Andrew B.
    Comic Book Style Coloring
    by Andrew B.
    I haven't tried this, but maybe someone else will be interested. It is how to color a picture in a comic book style.

http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/farp/comic/
    03-09-2003, 12:55 AM
  • 3DArtist
    Style of Oskar Bakke
    by 3DArtist
    Hey guys,

I'm sorry that my first post already is a question,
    but I've been reading here for a while and didnt feel like posting anything.

Anyways,
    I'm looking for some tipps & tricks to achieve a style similar to Oskar Bakke's.
    Dont get me wrong,...
    03-18-2014, 03:27 PM
  • SteveSavage
    Reverse engineering this style.
    by SteveSavage
    Photo: http://500px.com/photo/5516204

Once I get past the light setup I cant seem to figure it out! I've attempted some Hiraloam, gradient maping, etc. I'm convinced the man is simply a wizard!

Any suggestions?
    11-11-2013, 01:36 PM
  • admirer
    Developing a style.
    by admirer
    Hi all.
    I am trying to make my photography stand out. This is a picture i took on a fashion shoot i did for someone i then took this image and attempted something that stands out in photoshop.
    Could i please get some feedback on this, what i am doing wrong etc...
    Thanks...
    03-23-2007, 01:27 PM
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st post/Versace style

Well after lurking here for a few months and picking up some tips, I've finally decided to give it a go...

While wandering around the bookstore I happened upon Vincent Versace's book "Welcome to Oz" and found it interesting. After getting home and going through it in depth I must say it's fantastic (if you can get over the fact that it is horribly edited and full of confusing typos/errata etc). Really some great material on fine art photography and some amazing photoshop techniques. His style is to apply differences in light/contrast/saturation/focus to direct the viewers eye across the photo in a specific way.

Well, here's my first attempt at applying some of the principles from the book, using a picture I took of a Japanese maple in front of my house. All critiques greatly appreciated.

-Muck

Before + After:
    Attached Files

Re: 1st post/Versace style

I'd say you paid attention to his suggestions. You morphed an average image into something quite interesting. Well done.

And thanks for the book tip. You've made an immediate positive impact to the forum with such a worthwhile golden nugget. Keep 'em coming.

Comment

Mucker, Welcome aboard!

I have to interate what Danny said. You did take an average shot, select an excellent crop and did some great lighting and contrast. Look forward to more stuff from you!

Comment

I like it. Looks good.

Comment

Muck,

Thanks for the post - it looks great. In fact, it inspired me to buy the book.

I've been looking for new Photoshop books to further my education, and although Versace doesn't teach you anything "new", it's technique and the way he looks at an image that he teaches. Very interesting, and based upon your post, very instructional.

Comment

Working...
          X