Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• photoshop shortcuts on mac

Hi, Im using photoshop cs2 and heres the thing:

On a windows pc i can switch between blending modes in the layers pallet with the up and down arrows. But on a mac i cant. Iv looked this up and what i found was to hold shift and use + and - but this only works for the blending modes on the top bar for the tool im using, not the layer. Any one have any info on this?

Thanks,

www.myspace.com/kissofglamour

Re: photoshop shortcuts on mac

http://www.adobeevangelists.com/pdfs...dmodemagic.pdf

Maybe this will help; search for shortcut on the page.

Comment

I didn't know you could do that and I've been using some form of Photoshop on a Mac for years

I did some experimenting and if you have a tool selected that has it's own blending mode, you are correct, holding shift and hitting the + and - keys will cycle through the blending mode for the tool.

But - if you select a tool that doesn't have it's own blending mode, the shift and + or - will work on the layers blending mode selection.

Don't know why it's like that, but at least there's a way to do it.

Take care, Margaret

Comment

I'm not sure why the Mac OS doesn't allow you to highlight something and use the up and down arrow like Window. What I've been doing is that I hold down Option + Shift and press N for Normal, M for Multiply, O for Overlay, F for Softlight, S for Screen, E for Difference, C for Color, K for Darken, G for Lighten, etc... You must have one of the tools that doesn't have blend modes in it selected in order for it to work. Otherwise, it'll affect the blend modes of the tools instead of the blend modes of the layer. I just press "V" for the move tool before I do that.

Comment

Thank you all so much, now i know to select the pointer and then i can switch blending modes I can't believe i didn't figure that out haha. thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by pixel_monkey View Post
            I'm not sure why the Mac OS doesn't allow you to highlight something and use the up and down arrow like Window.
            First there was the Mac OS and then came Windows, then came the lawyers, followed by the court case, and the settlement and then came the confusion

Margaret

Comment

here is another link to mac shortcuts for cs2
              http://www.nobledesktop.com/download...rtcuts_mac.pdf

Comment

In order to hold the shift key and cycle through the blend modes you MUST have the move tool selected from the tool bar.

Comment