Nedd a fix for a Sweaty Face

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nedd a fix for a Sweaty Face

I have an image in which the mans face is very sweaty and too shiny. Can any one help me with a fix for this.

Thank you

Re: Nedd a fix for a Sweaty Face

Can you post the image? This would help alot.

Comment

Here is the original image

Thank you
      Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, your image is to small to work with. If you are using Photoshop, try using the patch tool. I think you will get the results you are after.

Comment

Thanks, I will give it a try

Comment

Try using a soft brush set to about 30% opacity, and set to darken. Clone from the neighboring areas to the hot spots. Take your time and don't work to fast.

Comment

As indicated the picture is too small to accomplish much. I did enlarge the image a little and then used the clone tool and healing brush. Ran the picture through a third party airbrush filter and adjusted the color using levels. I think this will give you a little idea of what you want to do. Reduced picture size back to the approximate original size.

dc
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Can you tell what the name of the 3rd party filter you used, and if you would recommend buying it

Comment

Here's my attempt to fix this, using the method that I listed above. I enlarged the photo to do the work, and then reduced it back down to the original size.
                  Attached Files

Comment

The 3rd party filter is the Digital Gem Airbrush. Here is the URL, and they do have a trial download so you can judge the filter for yourself.

I see that Dave Cox, in the post above this one, produced a picture without the use of a third party filter. I only do this type of thing as a hobby. The filter is handy for a quick effect.

http://www.asf.com/products/plugins/.../pluginAIRPRO/

dc

Comment

Interesting looking filter DC. Nothing wrong with using a filter to do the job. What it generally comes down to me with filters is first, can I do it better with the filter by hand or with the filter, and second, which is more cost effective. Does it cost more to purchase the filter, or continue to do it by hand. Of course, that depends on how many photos I am going to do, and how easy/difficult the task is, and how easy/difficult the filter is to use.

Either way, it's always a good idea to know how to do what the filter does, (when possible), in case you need it when you don't have access to the filter.

Comment