Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• even out hair color

Hello to everyone!!

I am new to using photoshop (CS3) and need to fix up a picture but have no idea how to go about it.

I have played around with photoshop to see if I can even out my hair color in a picture but just can't.

I had avoided getting my hair highlighted by another person other than my hairdresser while living abroad (few years ago, hair is back to its natural color). You can clearly see the new growth from the rest of the blondish hair color and it just looks awful.

Can someone help out with some step by step instructions on fixing the pic?

I would love to learn how to work with photoshop it just seems so complicated...

Cheers
    Last edited by Txlittleangel; 11-17-2007, 05:19 AM.

Re: even out hair color

Welcome to RP!
    Do you want the hair to be all light or all dark?
    Regards, Murray

Comment

thanks for your PM, but this picture is a bit different from the other picture you were asking about...do you want black hair?

Gerry

Comment

Hi Txlittleangel,
        Try this tutorial. www.planetphotoshop.com/from-brunette-to-blond.html
        Ray

Comment

I don't use PS, so can't help you with step-by-step. But I don't think there's a quickie fix in any case. You'll have to tap your artistic talents. In my editor, I selected the effected areas -- which lacked any sort of detail; made some curves/levels/tone adjustments, then basically just painted the colors/details. You might also try borrowing some hair from elsewhere (perhaps another image) via cloning or cut/paste/fit/adjust. I finished with some noise reduction and sharpening. Of course, with the small and fuzzy image you've presented, only so much can be done, so I spent only a few minutes for the effort.

Welcome to RP and good luck...
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice work Lonk!
            Regards, Murray

Comment

Thanks, Murray. I posted it just after seeing your question about wanting light or dark hair. I hope I guessed right!

Comment

I used "color matching" with the hair on the top,
                some duplications to darken, levels adjustment, noise reduction & high pass filter.
                Attached Files

Comment

Nice job chillin!! I like her better as a brunette. lol

Comment

Used Dodge and Burn and a little smudge. Used ideas from Creating Hair in the Worth 1000 Tutorial which is in the Retouch Library (somewhere).
                    Attached Files

Comment

I gave this a try. I do use CS3. Using the Dodge tool set to midtones at about 22% --you can experiment--seemed to work for the darker hair color. To lighten I used the healing brush set to REPLACE and then went back over the area with the healing brush set to normal. You might have to use the clone tool to clean up a little. Also, lightly sharpened the picture. I am not a professional retoucher so I would first give a try of some of the other recommendations.

dc
                      Attached Files

Comment

I made the roots blonder and the lighter shades darker.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I vote for the dark hair color, and thank you for the kind remarks.

dc

Comment

I took a try. I hope the hair dosnt look too fake tho.
                            j%26a%20resized2.jpg

Comment