Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to: line effects from vintage 80th pc-screens?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to: line effects from vintage 80th pc-screens?

hi

i would like to realistically reproduce the typical cathode-ray line-raster-effects, old 70ies and 80ies computer screens used to have. formerly i had the free plugin "retroscan", which was kind of authentic, but it wont work anymore with CS3 (its from 1996)

http://members.aol.com/deepdevice/

any idea?

thanks

Re: how to: line effects from vintage 80th pc-scre

Originally posted by pure View Post
    hi

i would like to realistically reproduce the typical cathode-ray line-raster-effects, old 70ies and 80ies computer screens used to have. formerly i had the free plugin "retroscan", which was kind of authentic, but it wont work anymore with CS3 (its from 1996)

http://members.aol.com/deepdevice/

any idea?

thanks
    Not sure about 3rd party plug-ins. In Photoshop, you might try Filters > Sketch > Halftone Pattern > Lines. Run it on a duped layer and blend in softlight. Not exact but it seems to be the closest thing in the PS filter set.

Comment

Don't know if these are CS3 compatible, but here's 2 freeware plugs.

http://www.freephotoshop.com/html/most_wanted.html

(scroll down)

Comment

thanks

i ll try that

Comment

i know what you mean...it's the horizontal stripes that goes across the screen, right?
          Attached Files

Comment

You can also create a document 1 px wide, and 2 tall. With the 1 px pencil tool, color the top pixel black.
            Select all, Save as a pattern. Then fill a new layer with your new pattern and set to overlay or multiply. Adjust opacity to suit.

Comment

Originally posted by docilebob View Post
              You can also create a document 1 px wide, and 2 tall. With the 1 px pencil tool, color the top pixel black.
              Select all, Save as a pattern. Then fill a new layer with your new pattern and set to overlay or multiply. Adjust opacity to suit.
              Just what I did!

Comment