Capture One benefits??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capture One benefits??

Hi do any of you guys use Capture One for RAW processing?
    Do you think its something thats worth learning? and what advantages does it have over Photoshop camera RAW?
    Thanks Paul

Re: Capture One benefits??

I use it strictly for capture, as that is its strength. But I use Lightroom and/or ACR for all processing of raw files.
    But it is worth learning the program, if not because they are taking great pains to make up for userbility issues with the upcoming version that will bring it closer to ACR abilities.
    Chris

Comment

Originally posted by cricket1961 View Post
      I use it strictly for capture, as that is its strength. But I use Lightroom and/or ACR for all processing of raw files.
      But it is worth learning the program, if not because they are taking great pains to make up for userbility issues with the upcoming version that will bring it closer to ACR abilities.
      Chris
      Thanks Chris what extra benefits does Lightroom over ACR if any?

Comment

I think Capture One makes much nicer processed files than ACR. I haven't used LR myself, but I've seen and worked on a ton of ACR processed stuff and sent it back so I could do the processing myself.

Comment

Ant
          ACR is definitely being abused by some users. But I have also converted some users of Capture One over to ACR after showing them where they were going wrong.

But I agree. Regardless of the program I prefer to process files myself.

Paul

The workflow is smoother in LR. And there is the fact that you have a history of edits that stays with each file that you can undo like Photoshop.
          You have drag correction capabilities in LR for tone, luminosity, hue, Sat, B/W. Meaning you drag in the area you want to change and it changes. It know if you are on yellow and will sat or desat depending on your drag direction for example.
          many more benefits.

Chris

Comment

I think they are very close. In some cases Capture one will lead in quality. You may look at the reviews of all three at my site:
            Capture One
            Adobe Camera RAW
            Adobe Lightroom

Comment

I havent compared Capture One with the other two applications, but i usualy work with files processed with it. And i just want to give you a heads up... the Noise reduction and Sharpen settings can mess images up pretty bad, especially high ISO ones.

Comment

my view on the programs is what ever you have will probably work just fine. If you have capture one use it. if you dont Photoshops cs3 or lightroom is just fine. mquest is right that you can over do capture ones settings.

Comment