Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extract (how to use)

Hi everybody,

I'm new here. I have only one question. I actually use Photoshop CS and I wanna know, how to extract an item from the background whitout having a mess. I hear about the option "extract", but I can't find it on my program. Maybe, only on newer version!?

Thanks for help.

P.S: Sorry for my english! =)

Re: Extract (how to use)

hi,
    First keep in mind there more than one way to select a object , and many time it depends on the picture it self on what is the best meathod...

now the extract feature.. in your PS CS, is located under your filter menu...
    also use your help under index> E and you will find extract... has a good article on how to use.....

like I mentioned there other ways to select, such as using the lasso or the magnetic lasso, or even some situations... the magix wand or magic eraser... but like I mention a lot is determined by image it self on what the best way...

Originally posted by sandraleclerc View Post
    Hi everybody,

I'm new here. I have only one question. I actually use Photoshop CS and I wanna know, how to extract an item from the background whitout having a mess. I hear about the option "extract", but I can't find it on my program. Maybe, only on newer version!?

Thanks for help.

P.S: Sorry for my english! =)

Comment

Jerry B's info is spot on.

Comment

If you have a one colored background, using Color Range can make a good selection.

Comment

Thanks everybody for your help!

Jerry B, I don't know why, but in my filter menu I only have : Blur, Noise, Pixelate, Sharpen, Stylise and Other ( Custom, Hight Pass, Max, Min, Offset) I can't find extract. I've seen some tuto with people who use this, and the result is nice.

Have a good evening! =)

Comment

Extract is in the top section along with Liquify and Vanishing Point. etc.

Comment