Where to start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to start

Ok I'm new to the site and to retouching in general however I have used photoshop for some time. Where would be the best place to start to learn simple retouching of face/portrait e.g what things would i do and what order....

1)hide blemishes
    2) whiten teeth etc...

and are there any simple to follow tutroials you guys could point me to.

thanks all

Re: Where to start

You can start by looking at the tutorials here, there are lots of them written already.Try the serach function.

1 Use the Healing Brush
    2 Paint with white on a empty layer on top of the original and set blend mode to soft light. Then change opacity to taste.

If you are curious about a tool, a simple trick is to just google it ... Like ....

http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Comment

The Retouch "Bible" is Katrin Eisman's book on Restoration. She is The Queen!

Comment

hey thanks for the mention on this book-

Comment

Greetings-

Another book that you might like to take a look at is called:

DIGITAL RESTORATION FROM START TO FINISH. As the title implies this book is directed more towards restoration rather than retouching.

by Ctein (pronounced: kuh-TINE)

ISBN; 0-240-80814-2

dc

Comment

Hi, I'm new too. Just got a tablet for Christmas! So far, I like watching the tutorials on YouTube. There are some good ones on there, as a visual person I feel like I have learned a lot on there. I just joined this site today, so I'm going to check out the tutorials on here too!

Comment

Working...
            X