Lighten under the eyes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lighten under the eyes?

When lightening the areas under the eyes (eye bags) whats the best way to go. I have tried using dodge tool but tend to get a very white patchy look.

Should i heal or stamp or use the brush to paint.

thanks all

Re: Lighten under the eyes?

You might try adding a layer above filled with white and set to lighten or screen mode. Add a hide all (mask filled with black) and with low opacity soft white brush paint the offending areas on the mask. Adjust the opacity of the layer to suit.

Comment

or use the clone stamp set to lighten mode and around 20% opacity and just tap the area

Comment

Theres many ways to do this. The fastest and easiest way to do this is probably to use the healing tool. Set the source right below the area you want to fix and paint over the light part. Another way would be to add a new layer, set the mode to soft light and paint over the part thats too light with dark grey soft brush and then adjust the opacity of the layer.

Comment

Thanks all for your help, much appreciated!

Comment

The patch tool is made for this. Activate the patch tool, choose the "new selection" option, check "source", select area under eye, drag to area of good skin, and before deselecting go to Edit>Fade patch> and decrease opacity. You can click Ctrl+H to hide the marching ants if it helps deternining how much to fade. Don't forget to deselect at the end.

Ronny

Comment

rharris: wow that was so helpful and much easier than all the other methods...i can see me using this a lot not only for under the eyes but other parts of the face!!

thanks again

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• skiba2km
                Circle Under Eyes? Urgent
                by skiba2km
                Hello! I am new to retouching and have a pretty urgent problem! A friend of mine is in a Miss Michigan Galaxy pageant this coming Saturday and I took her pictures and the one I chose has circles under the eyes! Is there anywhere I can fix this or can someone help me out? I would appreciate it greatly!...
                02-13-2006, 03:31 PM
              • Patricia
                Whitening teeth in Photoshop
                by Patricia
                Here's an easy way to whiten teeth in Photoshop, no selections required:

Make a new layer, set the blend mode to Overlay or Soft Light, and fill with 50% gray. (this can be done all at once by holding down the alt key in Windows, I think it's the Opt key on a Mac, while adding a new layer...
                02-04-2006, 12:14 PM
              • apw63
                Help with my pups eyes please.
                by apw63
                This is a picture of my pup bugsy. His eyes were blown out bad by flash. I pasted some eyes from another photo in to these. What I need help with is the blue cast around the left eye and some blending of both. I am a beginner using CS3.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y166/apw63/bu...
                09-08-2008, 11:27 PM
              • skauskas
                Eyes correction
                by skauskas
                Hi everybody.. yesterday I was retouching my friend portrait and had some problems with eyes.. particularly under eyes areas.. she has some non attractive dark areas with wrinkles.. what is the best way to correct these? I tried my best to correct it but still not satisfied with the result.. the skin...
                06-10-2008, 07:04 AM
              • winwintoo
                Racoon eyes - quick fix
                by winwintoo
                I'm probably the last to know this, but just in case I'm not alone, I'll pass it along.

I tried several methods to lighten the skin behind my sister's dark glasses, but couldn't come up with a natural look until now.

Here's how:
                1. create a new, empty, transparent...
                11-05-2003, 12:10 PM
              Working...
              X