• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Understanding an unusual effect. Please help

Hi Guys,

I've seen this set on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cloughridge/

Her photos are genius and I love the effect, especially the portraits and the still life. The colours are very pastel like, bright and soothing. I'd have this kind of stuff in my house!

It seems like a simple post processing technique to implement, can anyone help with this?

Thanks

Re: Understanding an unusual effect. Please help

the "soothyness" I would think he uses lenses without zoom...because that gives sharper results and smoother background focus(is that called boque in English or am I way of there?) in some of his pictures it seems to me he uses color to enhance the pictures...some pictures are more purple and some are more green...

Comment

A couple of the look like they had had an application of a filter called Pastel by Nik Color Efex.
      Regards, Murray

Comment

From the image meta data I know for a fact that she uses fast prime lenses like 1.4 and 1.8, most of her indoor shots are taken using window light and she uses CS for post processing... but how to achieve that look is beyond me

Comment

Its just color work from what I can see, that and just taking the time to simplify the textures a bit. Selective color can be used to desaturate and shift tones in a natural an unforced kind of a way. As for that kind of painterly effect in some of the outdoors, Its probably a crude use of one fo the filters like cutout?

Comment

Working...
          X