Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to} color correction on this shot

Hi guyz,

Anyone ahve idea which are the steps to obtain this kind of tone?
    http://farm1.static.flickr.com/34/71...02c90a69_b.jpg

I'm trying with sepia or juts some gradients but can't obtain this kind of tone.
    Can u help me in reveal this process?

Many thanks to all!

Re: How to} color correction on this shot

Desaturate it a bit witha hue sat layer - lower opacity to change the effect. Then try a colour overlay on top of that

Comment

Hello, I adjusted the color settings with Imagic Photo. In photoshop, you could try setting it to duotone with a brown for one channel and black for the other, but this could make the image too flat looking. In Imagic, I adjusted the red slider all the way to maximum, the yellow almost to maximum, and saturation to zero. Try playing with the intensity slider afterwards to achieve the effect you are looking for.
      Attached Files

Comment

Is your subject encased within brown walls, and on a brown/beige rug, wearing a beige dress and everything in the picture has a brownish cast to it.. and are you shooting your photo with a good wide angle lens so there is little distortion and is the camera adjusted for the proper white balance and shooting with available light.. if so.. then you have achieved this tone..

if not... show us a sample of what you are working on and maybe we can help you get it to look like the tone you want

Comment

Thanks a lot, I'll try and show ya.

For OlBadly, I'm not working on a specific image, just tryed on a random image this kind of tone but exactly that kind of tone without much success.

Comment

It's not a duotone. Check out the fingernails as opposed to the dress and the skin. It could be a quad tone, but not entirely. I'd say it's a quadtone layer on top of the original at maybe 60% or 70%, with the effect further masked selectively to give a hint of the underlying color.

Comment

Using gradient maps and playing with bend modes ("hue" mainly and a little of "burn"); also a little of a dark red color (in color mode also)

Not exaclty but getting close.
              BEFORE AFTER PSD FILE
              Last edited by AltIvan; 01-24-2008, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X