How to repair hair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to repair hair?

Did some extraction using select color range, and I damaged the hair in the process by removing some bits in the central area. I want to repair the hair now but the cloning brush gives a patchy look.

I've been thinking of using hair brushes as a pattern stamp as I've found some that have similar shape. Thing is, how would I use them this way? Highlighted hair has distinct streaks, but when I use the hair brush, after I paint in 1 color and switch to another and repaint, it just looks like 2 flat pieces of paper hair overlaid on top of each other.

Any suggestions?

Re: How to repair hair?

Provide the picture....

Comment

Assuming you still have the original image you can clone or cut and paste from there.

Christine

Comment

It depends a lot, but often instead of using the clone tool, the heal tool set to replace mode can work well.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• montanagal
          Hair Hair Hair
          by montanagal
          I have a senior gal with hair over the bra strap...she wants the bra strap to go but how do you keep the hair. I am just starting out...I am pulling my hair out..

I did set up a flickr account and have the images smaller but how do I get that information to you?

I have...
          02-07-2012, 11:04 PM
        • t2imagery
          flyaway hair
          by t2imagery
          Love to hear some ideas on efficiently scrubbing out(in PS of course) fly away hair strands.

t2
          05-29-2009, 02:58 PM
        • anka
          How to remove small hair?
          by anka
          Hello everyone!
          Could you please tell me how to even hair (to remove small hair from hairstyle)? Is it just a clone/healing tool or anything else?
          These are some examples from iretouchit.com.
          Thank you!...
          12-08-2009, 04:20 PM
        • KR1156
          Hair
          by KR1156
          Any of you guys who work on hair often, i applaud you. I know Theveed was mentioning not too long ago, that he had a lot of experience with it.

i've been helping out on a campaign for a major hair product, and it's by far the worst thing to work on. After all the careful cloning, i...
          08-31-2007, 10:04 AM
        • Sherri Lynn
          Adding hair - please help asap!
          by Sherri Lynn
          hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone could offer suggestions or examples of how to add windblown hair to an image (for paintshop 7). I added the hair but it looks too fake. Any suggestions? I could really use the help, thanks!

BEFORE: http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/1674/rebecca...
          12-30-2005, 03:10 AM
        Working...
        X