Photoshop Abuse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photoshop Abuse?

I happened to drop by at this blog and his talking about abuse in using Photoshop in some sort of skin care advertisement. While looking at the images shown you actually don’t believe the before and after photo. It is a totally exaggerated in my own opinion.

"As a designer I’m pretty used to noticing how overly Photoshopped people’s images are on certain magazine covers, but this advertisement really seemed over the top to me. I believe this is false advertising and I think its a shame people abuse Photoshop in this way to promote products."

Re: Photoshop Abuse?

I think most people learn that much of advertising is BS. We all accept that. If they didn't use Photoshop, they'd use paint brushes.

Comment

it's no wonder the image is so small, when you zoom in you can see that the wrinkles were added to the "after" image...

Comment

you can tell just by lookign at the photo, what the hell is the chance two different photos have the exact same facial feature.. i see this pathetic ad and alot others like it lately. sad.

Comment

Trust advertising claims at your own risk.

Comment

Though in the pictures they put "simulated images" but still the effect is unbelievable... I would have to say its a bad advertisement! lol

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• manpreetsinghah
              Photoshop Animator
              by manpreetsinghah
              Hi People, wanted to know what exactly is the career scope for a photoshop animator???
              03-16-2009, 06:25 AM
            • deadants
              Photoshop Podcast
              by deadants
              Hi Everyone,
              I suppose by now you have all heard about the next big thing on the net after blogging is podcasting. Well I have had a chance over the last few weeks to listen to a few podcast and it seem that Photoshop has a few podcasters. One podcast in particular made me sit up and really...
              09-16-2005, 06:24 PM
              Photoshop: Favorite Filters, Uncommon Uses for Common Filters, Etc.
              by Guest
              The filters that come with Photoshop do what their names imply pretty well, but as we've all found out, they can be made to do much more than that!

In this thread I'd like to share things we've discovered about PS filters which makes us want to use them over and over. For example, Gland...
              08-18-2002, 09:30 PM
            • Chain
              Photoshop puzzle
              by Chain
              I made you all a puzzle that require Photoshop CS6 (or newer) and skills to solve.
              Happy hunting...

http://www.rognemedia.no/Puzzle/

Will be interesting to see how far you get...
              05-25-2013, 03:48 PM
            • Vernon
              Photoshop Troll
              by Vernon
              I have been verily tempted to refer the Please-fix-my-photo-but-I-don't-have-any-money-mk-thanks! requests to him.

http://www.photoshoptroll.com/

Visit, look, laugh. A lot!
              04-18-2012, 08:54 AM
            Working...
            X